Weird Behavior since Upgrades

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Weird Behavior since Upgrades

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Since upgrading to DP 8.07 and VE Pro 5.4 (mar. 42015), I've been having all sorts of weird problems…

1) Motu Audio System turns itself off regularly.

2) Crashes on bounce to disk. Not bouncing VE Pro tracks, just regular audio tracks, and also Quicktime w/audio Bounces

3) MIDI issues and other weirdness?

4) General crashes

I know this does not sound scientific, but has anyone had problems like this only popping up recently?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Weird Behavior since Upgrades

Post by Shooshie »

Have you updated PCI, MIDI, and Firewire drivers? I can't guarantee that will fix anything, but I've seen cases where the wrong driver caused unbelievable problems that had this forum thinking DP had fallen. Once we figured out that it was a driver, all the problems were solved. That was a long time ago, but you never know. l

If not that, it could be a faulty install. All I can tell you for sure is that it's abnormal behavior; most people are using DP without any major problems.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Weird Behavior since Upgrades

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Thanks man!

I've been working without weirdness for awhile, so this was a surprise.

I'll check that out.

I switched to an Apogee interface, so I'm not using the MOTU drivers really, but maybe that is the culprit?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro