SOLVED:Paste tempo events problem

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
NYFC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

SOLVED:Paste tempo events problem

Post by NYFC »

While building a tempo map for a song with quite a few ritards and tempo changes, I tried to copy tempo events from one section of the song to another. I selected the events, copied them, then tried to paste at a new location and nothing happened. I tried in the SE, the MIDI editor, and the event list all with no success. I realize that I have much to learn about DP, but surely this is a straight forward process?

Any ideas?
Last edited by NYFC on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 5k 4.0ghz 32gigs
3 Mac mini slaves
VSL,EastWest Hollywood, LASS, etc.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Paste tempo events problem

Post by bayswater »

Pretty much like most copy paste operations: Conductor track in the Sequence Editor: select tempo events with the iBeam Tool and they are highlighted, press Control-C to copy, click the destination point for the paste with the iBeam Tool, and a flashing insertion point appears, and press Control-V, and the copied tempo events should be pasted in.

Or copy the tempo events with the lasso tool, place the playback position where you want to paste them, and use the new Paste at Wiper command, then you don't have use the I-Beam tool.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
NYFC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Paste tempo events problem

Post by NYFC »

Weird. It works perfectly in any other project. Oh well. The Paste at Wiper command works though. Thanks! I hadn't used that before.
iMac 5k 4.0ghz 32gigs
3 Mac mini slaves
VSL,EastWest Hollywood, LASS, etc.