Nudging CC data up and down with keyboard command

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
massimosammi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Nudging CC data up and down with keyboard command

Post by massimosammi »

Hello there,
I was wondering if there is a way to move the CC data, by selecting them and then nudging them up or down with a command, like it can be done when selecting a note and nudging it up and down with a command.
Thanks in advance!
Shooshie

Re: Nudging CC data up and down with keyboard command

Post by Shooshie »

massimosammi wrote:Hello there,
I was wondering if there is a way to move the CC data, by selecting them and then nudging them up or down with a command, like it can be done when selecting a note and nudging it up and down with a command.
Thanks in advance!

Generally, no. [Edit: THAT'S WRONG! DROP DOWN TO MY 3RD POST IN THIS THREAD] However, there is an easier way to edit control points. Use "Lines Mode." (Bottom left corner of the MIDI Edit Window)

Let me refer you to a post in the Tips Sheet: Control point editing in DP's MIDI Edit Window

I hope that helps.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
massimosammi

Post by massimosammi »

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Massi

- Late 2011 8,2 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, OS 10.10.2, 480GB Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G SSD OS Drive, 480GB OWC Mercury Electra 3G SSD - Optical Bay Sample Drive, DP 8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, VEPro 5, Vienna MIRPro
reedster

Post by reedster »

You can create a shortcut for Change Continuous Data, set the drop-down to scale. Use Tab Key to highlight "Scale To" value when it needs changing.

Sometimes I set scale to a relatively small change then apply the short cut several times in a row.

It's pretty fast once you're used to the system.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

True. Even though it's a dialog, once you set the parameters to small increments, you can just hit the F-key followed by Enter, and do it over and over, which is just about as fast as a single key to edit the value by that same amount.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

If you saw a previous post here from me, about how I just remembered a better way to nudge controllers, I deleted it. I was looking at the wrong thing and just made a mistake. Sorry...

Shooshie
massimosammi

Post by massimosammi »

I'll try those.
Thanks!!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

reedster wrote:You can create a shortcut for Change Continuous Data, set the drop-down to scale. Use Tab Key to highlight "Scale To" value when it needs changing.

Sometimes I set scale to a relatively small change then apply the short cut several times in a row.

It's pretty fast once you're used to the system.
I've never used this command (rather than recording or drawing CC data). What do the two drop down menus do (one says "1st"). They appear greyed out, and aren't described in the short section in the manual for this command.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8