Comping and muting the previous take during new punch take

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Comping and muting the previous take during new punch ta

Post by Shooshie »

Wow, Sam, you just made my day! I love it when something actually helps! It makes all this typing worthwhile.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Comping and muting the previous take during new punch ta

Post by Shooshie »

sampolfonz wrote:There is one feature I wish Motu would implement: grouping of soundbites. DP allows track grouping and being able to select the soundbites and keep them in a group would be of great benefit in certain circumstances.
Folders may help that. Tracks that live in folders will not move OUT of those folders without some manipulation. It's not a perfect solution — they aren't actually grouped to stay together in a particular order — but it might help. Personally, I'm not keen on heavy-use of folders. When I'm ready to hide tracks, I'll put them in folders. Sometimes I organize a few folders, roughly as:
  • Auxes (Aux, master, submaster tracks)
    Audio
    MIDI
Of course, I keep instruments in V-Racks, and sometimes auxes, too.

But I hear you: I think track grouping is an important part of how we work, and a "keep-together" option would be very helpful. Also, I'd like to see the ability to save a list of group attributes, so that I don't have to click all those little buttons for each new group. If they appeared in a column beside the group so you cloud just click on the one you want, that would be great!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|