VEPro MAS version is out

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: VEPro MAS version is out

Post by labman »

Willie. In our experience, DP runs like greased lightening when offloading the VI's to VEP. It is shocking how efficient DP seems to become. I would suggest running the VEP instances decoupled, and just save any project specific metaframes inside the DP project folder. Or if you are always using the same basic orch template, just load it at the beginning of each day, launch DP, and you are off to the races. (Note: if doing that scenario, you can still load some K5 instances inside DP for mission specific insist without loading DP down much)

Hats off to Paul and the folks at Vienna for the MAS version of VEP which is truly a thing of beauty.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
dreamuse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: VEPro MAS version is out

Post by dreamuse »

I have a rather naive question about MAS instances: As it's often better to have multiple VEP instances --too allow multiprocessing-- what is the advantage of creating one big instance with, say 48 tracks? Is the overhead of each VEP instance so great that it's good to reduce them via this method?

Much thanks,

Len
2013 Trashcan, 12 core, 10.14.6, 64GB RAM,
http://www.uncannymusic.com