Counter Window Indepedance

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Counter Window Indepedance

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Is it my imagination, or has the functionality of the counter window changed?

I seem to remember that you could have it set differently than the control-panel window?

When I try to change it in its's mini-menu from measures to frames, it changes both the control-panel and the counter window.

Am I doing something wrong?

It seems like they used to be independent?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
cleamon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Counter Window Indepedance

Post by cleamon »

JSmith1234567 wrote:Is it my imagination, or has the functionality of the counter window changed?

I seem to remember that you could have it set differently than the control-panel window?

When I try to change it in its's mini-menu from measures to frames, it changes both the control-panel and the counter window.

Am I doing something wrong?

It seems like they used to be independent?
Not sure what version of DP or OS you are using, but on OSX DP8.06 the counter (can be) different. It depends on which counter is set to "main". Here's mine:
As you can see, my main counter is Real Time and the control panel is Measures. Display of the other types is optional.

Hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram