Live Overdub Conundrum

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tobor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Live Overdub Conundrum

Post by Tobor »

Hi,

I've got a project that was recorded originally with V-Drums. I had a template, and we saved each tune in a different folder as we recorded over 20 tunes over the course of a couple nights.

As it turned out, the drummer's style didn't mesh with the V-Drums and I've decided to record his kit in the traditional manner and have him play along with the original tracks we laid down.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way, once I have the various new drum tracks enabled, maybe with plugs, etc., that I can transfer them into the next sequence as a sort of template without having to manually create the tracks again. I was hoping V-Racks could be the answer, but as I suspected I don't think they work that way incorporating audio tracks. I might be able to Load a drum track bus, but that wouldn't save a lot of time.

Am I missing anything? I figured it would be either that I can't do what I want, or there's a simple 'duh' solution.

Thanks!
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Live Overdub Conundrum

Post by philbrown »

Seems like I've read about people using Clippings for this, but I've never done it, so I have no specifics. IOW, somehow get those tracks into a Clipping window then you can drag them into the other sequences.

Does anyone know the specific procedure?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce