monitoring through ultralite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rubens
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

monitoring through ultralite

Post by Rubens »

Hi guys, I am recording audio with ultralite and the problem is that the sound of channel recording is very low, but the already recorded ones tracks sound loud and fine. After recording, the sound is ok. So, how could I increase volume through my phones only in the track that is being recorded?
When I change the interface to the apogee one this issue doesn't happen and I don't know why...
Shooshie

Re: monitoring through ultralite

Post by Shooshie »

Open CueMix and check the Input settings, Mix settings, and Output settings (three separate tabs, each with their own controls). Specifically, look at the trim control and see if it's all the way to the left. It probably ought to be about in the middle, but precise calibration of everything is something you'll have to figure out, based on all the inputs, outputs and levels in CueMix, DP, Audio/MIDI Setup, and anything else that could affect the signal that finally arrives in your track. If your unit is normal, and no reason to think it wouldn't be, you can get quite a range of input volumes. Sometimes you have to start with your final output, burned to CD, and work backward, changing every setting until you arrive at a balance from beginning to end of the I/O chain, including your mix.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Rubens

Re: monitoring through ultralite

Post by Rubens »

Hi Shooshie,

thank's for the answer.
I have the old ultralite, so it seems cuemix will show only some input parameters.
Saying that, the trim should be around the middle, is that what you are saying?