All notes off when previewing samples?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jjochems78
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

All notes off when previewing samples?

Post by jjochems78 »

The title about sums it up. When I'm playing the song back and previewing samples in any of my plug-ins all my sequenced notes go off. Not a huge issue but one that is very distracting. Not sure if this is a setting or a issue with something else like my sound card?

I'm running OSX 10.9.5
2.8 Ghtz Intel I7
DP 8.04
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: All notes off when previewing samples?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not sure what you mean. THe sequence is playing and you want to audition a sample at the same time? I don't think you can do that w/o stopping the transport. I understand why you might want to do that.

You might leave the sequence running and go to the Finder and select the sample and hit the SPACE bar or use an app like SNAPPER.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

jjochems78 wrote:The title about sums it up. When I'm playing the song back and previewing samples in any of my plug-ins all my sequenced notes go off. Not a huge issue but one that is very distracting. Not sure if this is a setting or a issue with something else like my sound card?

I'm running OSX 10.9.5
2.8 Ghtz Intel I7
DP 8.04
This is while you are actually playing the sequence? Or do you stop and click on a note to hear it?
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This is confusing. By "go off" do you mean they "all play" or "all stop playing?"

Clarity, please.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS