So what's the current AAF/OMF to PT situation?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
flextone
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

So what's the current AAF/OMF to PT situation?

Post by flextone »

Hi,

I'm collaborating on a project with a PT user (I think PT10, need to ask) and I'd like to be able to exchange AAF or OMF files instead of bouncing everything each time, you know what I mean. It seems that this has been hit and miss over the past few years and I'd like to ask whether anyone is doing this successfully these days.

I don't ask for much... no MIDI, obviously no plugins. just audio tracks with volume and pan data. hell even just volume would be better than nothing.

So is this a viable option? and if so, any specific settings I need to look out for?

Thanks.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: So what's the current AAF/OMF to PT situation?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I habve much better luck with AAF than with OMF. The settings should be pretty straight forward.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

Both work fine for me. I will record a band in DP and then send it to PT to mix via OMF , files embedded. PT to DP works fine also.
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
flextone

Post by flextone »

Great! thanks.

I'll give AAF a shot first and see what happens.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If you have a problem try selecting "compute fades" or whatever that setting is actually called.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS