Editing the Manual

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Editing the Manual

Post by bayswater »

Did you know you can edit the DP manuals? Probably did, and I'm the last person on the planet to discover it. I found out by accident when I inadvertently deleted a lot of pages and mindlessly saved the changes.

You can delete pages, insert pages from other documents, and even insert entire PDFs. I added the plugin guide to the end of the main manual. AFAICT, you can't edit the content of a page.

I guess you could always annotate the manual and add comments, but it looks like it's a lot easier now.

On the downside, you have to be careful what you do when the manual is open. Maybe lock the file.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
frankf

Re: Editing the Manual

Post by frankf »

I never thought of adding comments and I know in Preview it can be done. Thanks for the tip.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It's just a PDF and while they can be password protected opening and then re saving in Preview removes that security (or did unless it's changed recently). So you can also save it as a Word or text file and have your way with it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:It's just a PDF and while they can be password protected opening and then re saving in Preview removes that security (or did unless it's changed recently). So you can also save it as a Word or text file and have your way with it.
I realize it's just a PDF, but IIRC, previous versions were not editable in this fashion, at least not using Preview.

I can only find image formats using Export and Save As. You can drag and drop or cut and paste most of the text and some, not all, of the images, but I don't see a practical way of getting it into anything like Word.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8