Changing tempo of recorded audio

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Changing tempo of recorded audio

Post by emjayinla »

Greetings,

Apologies to begin with, but in order to explain what I'm trying to do I have to use the "L" word-
In Logic if one records audio in a "sequence" and then the audio is set to "flex time" it will be analyzed and match any subsequent tempo changes. That is, if I record quarter note (audio) claps at 90bpm and then change the tempo to 100bpm, the claps will automatically adjust to match the new tempo.

How does one achieve a similar result in DP? I've looked in the manual but can't seem to find it.

Cheers.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Changing tempo of recorded audio

Post by Shooshie »

In the current manual as of January 2015 (DP8), the sections that deal with audio tempos, beats, and manipulating them, are Chapters 49 and 50, starting respectively on pages 615 and 621.

If you're in a different version, the names of the chapters are "Tempos and Audio," and "Beat Detection Engine."

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Changing tempo of recorded audio

Post by emjayinla »

So obvious I don't know how I missed it. Well, it is a big manual.

Thanks for the tip.

MJ