DP Workflows

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP Workflows

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Shooshie wrote:There is no 'real' way. Just whatever you come up with that makes work in DP fun and productive for YOU.

Shoosh
Agreed - some people need help getting there though.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:
bayswater wrote: M5 appears to be a somewhat enhanced UVI player. Surely what we're paying for with M5 is the sounds and the IRCAM processors.
Does the UVI Player only play UVI sounds? MachFive has the UVI engine, but it's a true sampler that can import and mangle all sorts of audio formats, so I think that is a big part of the selling point.
I think Mach5 sounds are in UVI format, aren't they? Yes, M5 will do a lot more than the UVI player, but we were talking about M5 lite. So that would be the UVI player. When I first got DP, it came with a UVI player CD and a few simple libraries, so all I was saying is that DP did come with a light version of M5. It might not be specifically included in the package, but you can still have it if you want it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
anselm
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by anselm »

Thanks for the responses. This helped me. I am trying to learn. I think my OP may have been misconstrued to a degree, and I apologize if it seemed that my uncertainty in how to handle things was some sort of broadsweeping criticism. I am learning how to do things in the most optimal manner.