FW1884 for MAC Maverick

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JBJ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

FW1884 for MAC Maverick

Post by JBJ »

Does anyone know how I can get drivers for FW1884 for MAC Mavericks? I really need some help here.
mrgkeys

Re: FW1884 for MAC Maverick

Post by mrgkeys »

I don't believe it's possible. I think the need is for 64 bit drivers which Tascam never made. I heard some talk of getting Frontier Design to do them custom (they designed the 1884) but it was only talk. Lots of folks in that boat. I had modded mine with new op amps and really loved the mic pres.
JBJ

Post by JBJ »

Hi Mrgskeys,.... I heard of the group trying to pay something towards developing the 64 bit drivers for the Tascam FW1884. I have sent an email to FrontiersDesign to see whether they can sell the drivers to us. Have you any further information about it or was it just talk with no realisation.

Please keep me posted.

Joel
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I'm interested too - I have one of these in storage gathering dust right now.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Track down the threads on this forum on the Tranzport and Faderport, and ask the principals in those threads (our founder and fearless leader James Steele among them) how they did it.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]