iOS Synths and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
nk_e
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iOS Synths and DP

Post by nk_e »

There is also this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/audreio-sh ... tion-29655
Audreio has announced that full-bandwidth audio streaming is now available to musicians utilizing desktop DAWs and iOS for music production. Using your existing router, Audreio's Audio Unit plug-in streams audio (wirelessly or with a cable) from one device to another. No audio interface needed. The plug-in features a clean, straight-forward design, and since Audreio automatically detects all available devices on the same local network, making a remote connection is extremely easy.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

Eleventh Hour Sound

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

My live keyboard rig uses two keyboards (a Nord Stage 2 EX and an Akai Advance) each with a MacMini velcro'd to the bottom :-) I was really excited when I read about the iConnectivity Audio4+ realizing that both Mac Mini's could share the same audio interface, and I could also use it as a sub mixer for both computers and the Nord's audio out. I'm considering getting the iConnectMidi4+ to handle my eDrums 2 other computers and iPad.It works, but I have to say their software can be a little cryptic.

I wish MOTU would consider a product with theses features; being able to connect multiple slave computers, MIDI devices and being able to easily pass USB audio and MIDI between them all.

For now I want to see if I can get it all to work with DP9 and a MOTU 1248 running on my main computer. It would be nice if I could connect them all by ethernet, or better yet if MOTU just made a monster device that was the combo of the iConnectMIDI4+ and iConnectAudio4+

Shooshie wrote:
Babz wrote:I'm surprised we don't have any iConnectMIDI users here. This video with Jordan Rudess shows some of the routing possibilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79ra1Nk2Qc

I like how just something like a different instrument tactile or interface environment can inspire different musical directions. Unfortunately, he doesn't actually show recording of audio and MIDI in this set up. Would love to see if there are any latency or other issues.

I am still thinking of getting one of these. I may have to be the pioneer and just plunge into the $90 adventure to see for myself. If I do, I will report back findings.

Babz
So, the basic unit they are selling there is the iConnect, right? Not a bad device, but since we already have MIDI interfaces, why not update them to the 21st century?

If MOTU would add a few USB inputs to their MIDI Time Piece AV (ok, MIDI Express XT), they'd have a much more flexible, higher capacity device. Not that there is anything wrong with the iConnect, but it would be nice if MOTU got on board the iOS revolution and acknowledged its existence in their hardware. There was nothing like the routing you could achieve in the MTP-AV. Routing, muting, cabling, conversion... it was (and still is) a grand switching station for all comers. All they need is to add USB. Perhaps they'd be wise to add Thunderbolt while they are at it. Surely it would make things easier to plug thunderbolt directly into an iPad or iPhone. But all those USB hardware devices are just itching for a switching station/router to make them more useful, and the MIDI Express XT (with Clockworks) would be perfect for that.

Shooshie
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Surely it would make things easier to plug thunderbolt directly into an iPad or iPhone...
All Intel has to do s invent the chips that make it happen.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31