Tell DP to always ignore MIDI input from specific device?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
doctormelodious
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tell DP to always ignore MIDI input from specific device?

Post by doctormelodious »

Is there a way to tell DP to ignore all MIDI input from a specific device? I use the buttons and knobs on my EDIROL PCR-1 to control the Fireface Mixer app. I do not use the keyboard part at all. Some of my VIs in DP are responding to those knob turns and button twists which are not meant for them. I know I can use the Filter in DP to weed these things out on a per controller basis, but it would be so much easier to just disable the entire device.

I'm looking through the index in the DP7 manual, but I don't see anything promising. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
DM
Mac Pro 8 x 2.8GHz, 16GB, OS X 10.6.8
DP 7.24, MachFive 3.2, EZ Drummer, RealGuitar/Strat/LPC
Ivory II Italian Grand, Korg Legacy M1/PolySix
Garritan PO4/JABB3, NI FM8, Vintage Horns
UAD-2 Solo, RME FireFace 800
Mackie HR824s, various mics/keys/outboard

"What a beautiful world this will be. What a glorious time to DP!"
Kurt Cowling
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Tell DP to always ignore MIDI input from specific device

Post by Kurt Cowling »

Use Multi-record mode to choose a single MIDI source for each record enabled MIDI track.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.