Importing audio changes pitch and tempo

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
BradHawkins
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Importing audio changes pitch and tempo

Post by BradHawkins »

I've tried all three ways to import an mp3 file (File menu, Dragging into Soundbites, Dragging into Sequence Editor) and the pitch goes down and the tempo slows when played through DP. All settings of the file and of the Project are 48kHz and 32 bit float. What's going on? What settings am I missing?
Tritonemusic

Re: Importing audio changes pitch and tempo

Post by Tritonemusic »

The audio Sample Rate of the files you're importing is probably not the same as the project Sample Rate.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
BradHawkins

Post by BradHawkins »

Hey, thanks for the quick response. It turned out that my interface was not at the right resolution or something. Perhaps it wasn't the case because I was just dragging files, but in any case, it worked on the last (9th) import. I'm going to continue to investigate as everything had been checking out in the sample rate list. Thanks for the help!
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

You're very welcome.

Also, be sure to check your preferences regarding Automatic Conversions. That can mess things up if you don't know how things are set. The details are in the manual.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4