Motif XS/F users: finally we can import midnam/middev to DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
buhardilla
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motif XS/F users: finally we can import midnam/middev to DP

Post by buhardilla »

To Motif XS/XF owners
John Melas (http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/products.php) has recently released an update of their Motif Tools package software that include an interesting export option: midnam/middev file export for Digital Perfomer.
With this export option two files are created: a midnam file with user and preset motif voices and a Yamaha.middev file. Once installed both files in MOTU MIDI Devices folder we'll be finally able to select our motif XS/F patches in MIDI tracks :dance:
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
Romanp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Motif XS/F users: finally we can import midnam/middev to

Post by Romanp »

I'm trying to achieve this in 2020. I gave a Motif XF7. I have downloaded a Motif XF midnam file from digicams website. I am instructed to go to:/Library/Audio/MIDI Devices/MOTU folder
I have entered ~/Library into the 'go to folder' to show the Library folder in Mac OS Sierra.
I go to the 'Audio' folder. In the 'Audio' folder there are these folders:
MIDI configurations
MIDI drivers
Plug-Ins
Presets
Sounds

Do I need to create a folder called MIDI devices/MOTU to put the midnam file in? Am I missing the midday file which I have read about?
Bennie Sims
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motif XS/F users: finally we can import midnam/middev to

Post by Bennie Sims »

Romanp wrote:I'm trying to achieve this in 2020. I gave a Motif XF7. I have downloaded a Motif XF midnam file from digicams website. I am instructed to go to:/Library/Audio/MIDI Devices/MOTU folder
I have entered ~/Library into the 'go to folder' to show the Library folder in Mac OS Sierra.
I go to the 'Audio' folder. In the 'Audio' folder there are these folders:
MIDI configurations
MIDI drivers
Plug-Ins
Presets
Sounds

Do I need to create a folder called MIDI devices/MOTU to put the midnam file in? Am I missing the midday file which I have read about?

You are in the wrong Library. Look in the Mac Hard Drive Library. Same Path!
Mac Pro Six Core Trashcan OX.10.13.3,Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 OSX 10.11,DP 8.07 and 9.52,Protools 2018.4 and 10.3.9,Logic 10.4.1.,Reason 8,Waves V9.7. Diamond Bundle, Mach Five 3.2.1, Vir 2, Kontakt 5.3, Melodyne Studio 3.2.2.2, Melodyne Single Track, Motu 2804 MK3, Apollo 8 Quad,Apollo 8 Duo,UAD 2 FireWire Quad Satellite, UAD Thunderbolt Quad Satellite, Rosetta 800, Avalon Vt 747sp, Focusrite 4x Red One, UAD 4-710d, Raven MTi 2 3.3.1, Motu MIDI Express XT.