Merry Christmas to all!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Merry Christmas to all!

Post by James Steele »

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

LOL hey, great track! Had to watch and listen twice.

Hope Mark and Tracy get over their neck injuries soon in time for the playoffs.

Merry Christmas!!
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
bolla

Post by bolla »

Merry Xmas to you all.
Cheers, Bolla
8 Core 2.8 10.11.1 DP 8.07 | Dual 2.5 G5 VEP Slave | PC i7 920 VEP Slave | UAD Sat Quad | MiniMoog
midilance

Post by midilance »

Those that are tardy, no fruit cup.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
Brancat

Post by Brancat »

Merry Christmas from France to you all!
As we say: Joyeux Noël à vous tous!
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

We had an extra special Christmas with about 98% of the family in attendance at our place including a way long overdue holiday with with our great granddaughter who we were not able to visit with for almost 10 years until very recently. Long story...

And, once again, how much I appreciate James for maintaining this forum and all of the knowledgeable contributors. I'm on the iPad, but I think I've enjoyed (and hopefully occasional contributed) for about 7 years. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Day late but Merry Christmas.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

On about June 25, a tiny kitten came to us and persistently demanded to be rescued while simultaneously evading capture by climbing up trees. She was barely a snowflake of a kitty, covered in fleas (we caught and killed 150 the first night), parasites, and practically starved. To calm her, I played Rachmaninoff's 2nd Symphony's Adagio movement, one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. She was mesmerized. Enchanted. She decided right then and there that she had arrived at her home, and she has spent the last 6 months training us to be her faithful servants.

Because of her unusual speed, even for a cat, and her habitual parkour-like bouncing off the walls while streaking through the house, using furniture, walls, people, dog, shelves, or anything in her path to her advantage in gaining momentum, bouncing off in the directions she wants to go, running up trees, mounting the roof of our house in about 2 seconds, and so forth, it was evident that her name had to be as kinetic as it was elegant, for she is elegant if anything. So, her name suggested itself, and has been instantly accepted by all who have met her: Ricca.

Yes, Ricca is her first name.
Her middle name is Shay.
Ricca Shay Roberts is her name.

Some have even guessed her name without being told, but they probably would have spelled it differently. For you cannot watch this kitty get from point A to point B without thinking the word: ricochet.

This is a little girl cat, as confident as a cat can be, and as social, expressive, and curious as any cat has ever been. So, naturally, when she saw our Christmas tree going up, she used all her time and energy creating photo-ops for us. We complied, as good cat servants do, and kept our cameras handy. Since we only put up our tree on Christmas Day (an annual tradition for us), these photos are only a day or two old.
        • Ricca Shay in the Christmas Tree
          • (click for full-size pictures)
      • Ricca Shay
        Engaged in a rapt contemplation
        • Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of her name:
          • Her ineffable effable
            Effanineffable
        Deep and inscrutable singular Name.
Happy Holidays to everyone!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Good one Shooshie.

We had three identical cats some years back. Brothers and a sister. Couldn't tell 'em apart. Named them Jerry (Jer for short), Ron, & Moe. Summoned them jointly.

It was a grand Christmas this year. I second Buzz's comments regarding the guardian of this site, Mr. Steele. And, yes Buzz, you certainly have contributed, too. Thanks to all who have, do and will!

And a Happy 2015 to boot!
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Peace on Earth. Good will hunting unicorns.