Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Post by James Steele »

I don't think it does include Sindo 5, but honestly... I think Sindo is probably their most useful plug in, so I wouldn't be that upset. I'm in the midst of reinstalling apps and plugs on my boot drive after some serious problems and it's giving me the opportunity to stay to myself "Do I really USE that plug in? Do I even WANT to install it?" If I answered that honestly, hate to say it, but a lot of the Crysonic stuff wouldn't pass that test... but Sindo is one exception.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote:Back on the original topic... (I must chastise myself!)... I have not yet received any info from Crysonic about a download of Sindo 5 that I paid for on 1/3/14. So that's about a week now. A bit longer than the 24-48 hours advertised. However, Crysonic DID send me an email about the special EVERYTHING BUNDLE to existing users which is now down to $18. Really? $18? Honestly, I wonder what the fire sale is about and it makes me even more concerned. At some point, if this drags out long enough, I will have to open a dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center I suppose. I just hope the developer is overwhelmed with orders and processing them manually which I suspect. Still... this is pretty bogus.
It's also par for the course with them.
If you casually ask about Cryonic on KVR you get dozens of people telling you what a horrible company they are for their constant blowout sales and lack of response to authorizations and purchases, let alone sending a support email. I've sent in at least 10, and had one reply. I have a bundle from a few years ago, and honestly I just can't be bothered to go through all the annoyance of sending in dozens of emails to get them to finally send back authorization codes. I've definitely decided that developers that have bad support systems are not worth supporting with my $$, even if it's only $18. :mumble:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I think he's generating watermarked copies of each plugin for each user. That's time consuming if he doesn't have it automated. And it's midsummer down under. He's probably at Manly Beach.

Yes, Sindo is the thing worth having, and it's cheaper in the bundle than it is individually, so the thing to do is buy the bundle but only ask for the Sindo authorization.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

bayswater wrote:...And it's midsummer down under. He's probably at Manly Beach...
The last time I looked it up, he was in Adelaide (couple thousand miles away from Manly). Adelaide has had a terrible start to the summer - some of the worst bushfires in history already, and we haven't hit the peak of the hot season yet.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Just received this in my email. I guess it's going to be free now, so that's kind of makes up for the wait.
Due to a significant issue which we have very recently discovered with some hosts in relation to the new 3D FFT display (cache buffer with OpenGL on OSX and some Windows 8.1 hosts with OpenGL 3.0) we will be refunding all purchases for whom they have not yet recieved the download information and provide a free download when fixed. Please allow up to 3-7 business days for the full refund to hit your account and you will receive the download link to the full version for SINDO V5 when we sort out the issue mentioned in the next week or so, thanks again for your purchase & patience!

With kind regards,
Crysonic
Australia

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dbender

Post by dbender »

Thanks, James. Just got that too, came here to post about it and see you already have.

Let's see. I'm not holding my breath. :(
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dbender wrote:Thanks, James. Just got that too, came here to post about it and see you already have.

Let's see. I'm not holding my breath. :(
No PayPal credit has shown up, but it may take some time. I doubt we'd get stiffed. That's a PR problem I doubt they'd recover from.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay... STILL no refund of my $23 at PayPal. I don't want to be a jerk, but I'm going to have to write to Crysonic and demand they either deliver the plug-in they sold me or return my money very soon or I'll have to file a report with PayPal. :(

dbender

Post by dbender »

Same here, borther........ Oh, I did get some email from Crysonic........ again advertising the bundle sale !@#@! :(
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dbender wrote:Same here, borther........ Oh, I did get some email from Crysonic........ again advertising the bundle sale !@#@! :(
Yeah... I got that one too. Just no new version of Sindo and "Tayfun Topcu" has had my $23 since January 3 and has still not issued the promised refund via PayPal. That's over three weeks going on a month. I don't like to give people a hard time and I'm patient, but this really IS getting stupid.

bolla

Post by bolla »

Same here and apologies for drawing attention to the developer in the first place.
I think I will put this into dispute with PayPal also.
Bolla.
8 Core 2.8 10.11.1 DP 8.07 | Dual 2.5 G5 VEP Slave | PC i7 920 VEP Slave | UAD Sat Quad | MiniMoog
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

... and some folks still wonder why I hunger for MOTU to include every bloody pro-plug equivalent it can in DP.

Still holding out on that first 3rd-party purchase, hoping that the Gods of MOTU will add a shedload of newbies to DP9. MOTU's "serious" plugs seem to compete very well with the "paid" options out there, from what I can tell.

Don't feel bad Adenoids, it was obvious you meant well by givin' everyone a heads-up.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bolla wrote:Same here and apologies for drawing attention to the developer in the first place.
I think I will put this into dispute with PayPal also.
Bolla.
I just contacted Crysonic through their support email address and told them that I paid them $23 on January 3 via PayPal, and I'd like to receive either the new version of Sindo they were selling or a refund SOON or I'd file a dispute with PayPal. I really don't want to cause this developer grief, and $23 is not a lot of money, but it's starting to boil down to the principle of the matter now.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Searches about Crysonic say pretty much the same thing: completely useless at best, and perhaps a scam. Your experience seems to be a common one. There was some speculation that because there are so many complaints, Crysonic communications might be getting blocked by some carriers and service providers.

Crysonic is pretty good at maintaining anonymity on the internet. While everyone says the company is in Adelaide (and the site says South Australia), a search shows the server in Burlington Mass, and the admin and tech contacts in Toronto. No one seems to know who it is, other than the assumption it's a he, he's in Adelaide, and he has a girlfriend !

I can't complain myself. I've bought the no brainer bundle twice. Both times I got the serial numbers within 48 hours as advertised. But then, occasional delivery as promised would be part of a well executed scam.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

It's too bad. I have never had a big problem with Crysonic in the past. I suspect it's a one-man operation and he over-promised and has now perhaps damaged his company's reputation beyond repair. I have been suspicious that there might be cash flow problems there given the ridiculous fire sale pricing lately. Who can stay in business selling bundles of plugs for $18?