Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Kraznet
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Post by Kraznet »

I bought the original Crysonic plug-ins when they first came out around 2005/6? I've also bought the various bundles they advertised over the years.

They make one plug-in called Spectralive which is a kind of Stereo enhancer/compressor/gate/limiter.Of all the plug-ins I find that one the most useful. It really works well on the drum buss. It adds real space and air to the drum sound in a nice way.The current VST version is V5 - V6 is stand-alone only.Some of the other plug-ins have their uses but I've never really found myself using them regularly. The main problem is authorisation. If you happen to do an OS re- install (I'm on Windows) the old response code doesn't always work and you have to send off for another one. Actually I did that just before Christmas and I got a 24-hour response which was about the fastest they've ever done it. But they do make promises they don't always keep. About 18 months ago they said they were launching a new website with user accounts for registering/authorizing your plug-ins etc blah blah but that never happened. Sometimes they announce new plug-ins which are for sale which don't arrive for several weeks later even though you paid for it.They have told me the delay is due to demand. They give the impression the plug-ins are incredibly popular. If you look on the web I don't think you'll ever find one legitimate review or YouTube tutorial video. Only the ranting from KVR. So it makes you wonder how popular they actually are and how many people are using them for actual productions.Although I can vouch I did use Spectralive on the drums for a couple of tracks on CD I produced a couple of years ago.

I think there may be 2 people running it because there's a guy called James and I seem to remember getting a reply from a female once or twice. Some of the GUIs are quite flashy and there is some interesting stuff going on under the hood.

One of the more recent ones is called AnunA which is a "Volume preserving proportional precision EQ" and Transilate is a "Transient designer" which is simple but effective.
For such a ridiculously low price there are probably 3 or 4 you may find useful but don't expect the best customer service and take everything they advertise for the future with a pinch of salt. So far they haven't let me down although they have been pretty lax at various points which has caused me to write scathing emails a couple of times.

Here's 3 pics of them :

AnunA http://imageshack.com/a/img540/5017/6Cb4ol.jpg

SpectraLive V5 http://imageshack.com/a/img909/6462/wcvSv1.jpg

Translilate V2 http://imageshack.com/a/img661/9021/mZZmd1.jpg
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

I hear you. My favorite is Sindo, but honestly they've had my money for over a month now and I have no plug-in and now refund showing up as promised. It looks like I'm going to have to file a report at PayPal's Resolution Center. This is frankly just too much. It pains me to do this also, because I don't want to create problems for a small developer, but hey... enough already.

UPDATE: Dispute opened in Resolution Center.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Kraznet
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Kraznet »

James Steele wrote:I hear you. My favorite is Sindo, but honestly they've had my money for over a month now and I have no plug-in and now refund showing up as promised. It looks like I'm going to have to file a report at PayPal's Resolution Center. This is frankly just too much. It pains me to do this also, because I don't want to create problems for a small developer, but hey... enough already.

That really is extremely poor even by their standards. Let's hope you come up with a resolution soon.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Kraznet wrote:
James Steele wrote:I hear you. My favorite is Sindo, but honestly they've had my money for over a month now and I have no plug-in and now refund showing up as promised. It looks like I'm going to have to file a report at PayPal's Resolution Center. This is frankly just too much. It pains me to do this also, because I don't want to create problems for a small developer, but hey... enough already.

That really is extremely poor even by their standards. Let's hope you come up with a resolution soon.
I know. I've dealt with them off and on for years, and this is the first time it's gone this far. Good thing is that when you open a dispute through PayPal, it's just PayPal facilitating communication between you and the seller, so I'm hoping this will get their attention and I'll hear back from Crysonic soon. Like I said, I'm not out to cause them problems. I just want to know what's going on and get my plug-in or my money back.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dbender

Post by dbender »

Me too, in the same boat. Never heard back from Cry Wolf .... er, I mean, Crysonic with either the promised refund or the free plugin.

James, thanks for keeping us posted, and please let us know what happens w/ your PayPal dispute....I'm right behind you.

(And yes, I too like Sindo, and SpectraLive produces some interesting results, too bad this dev is so untogether)

Peace, and Happy Bob Marley birthday day...
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

Found it very weird a year or so ago dealing with them . Got a strange feeling from them when I upgraded a couple of times. I have stayed away since. Did not have a good feeling about the company and service.
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Just an update. PayPal closed my dispute. Apparently that got the attention of Crysonic and I received my refund. I don't know if I'll still get Sindo for free. I don't care. I'd happily buy it, but I think I'll wait until I hear it's actually shipping.

dbender

Post by dbender »

Thanks for the update James, glad you got your refund.
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Personally I just can't deal with Crysonic's absolutely horrid business policies. I bought two of their individual products years ago, and the "everything bundle" about a year and a half ago, I cannot get them to respond to emails, in fact over the course of 4 years I've received a grand total of one email back from them. There aren't any excuses for this, and there isn't any reason not to mention this anymore. It's not a unique event what you're going through James, and this company consistently puts people in the same situation; blow out deals, then zero follow up.

I don't get it.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:Just an update. PayPal closed my dispute. Apparently that got the attention of Crysonic and I received my refund.
Was it Paypal or Crysonic that gave you the refund?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Crysonic did-- that automatically closes the dispute.

kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Michael Canavan wrote:Personally I just can't deal with Crysonic's absolutely horrid business policies. I bought two of their individual products years ago, and the "everything bundle" about a year and a half ago, I cannot get them to respond to emails, in fact over the course of 4 years I've received a grand total of one email back from them. There aren't any excuses for this, and there isn't any reason not to mention this anymore. It's not a unique event what you're going through James, and this company consistently puts people in the same situation; blow out deals, then zero follow up.

I don't get it.
+1

I love sales & bargains for plugins but over the years with all of the horror stories I've heard about Crysonics business practices, I've always resisted the temptation to give them any of my $$,there's plenty of good companies making great plugs that respond to customers.
Crysonics sales always seem to come with headaches,no communication & misrepresentation.
I'll pass. :roll:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........