Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Post by mikehalloran »

So, anyone, was Sindo v5 in the bundle, or v4?
It was Sindo v4, updated to 64bit as well as Sindo v3 in the Everything Bundle.

I don't see a mention of Sindo v5 anywhere on the web site.

SpectraLive v5 and v6 are both included.

There is also this caution: -- Digital Performer might not have keyboard focus if Spectralive V3.5 is selected, this is due to DP using the old Carbon Apple Framework for it's UI and it will be fixed when DP is updated to the new framework.

This would only apply to DP 7 and earlier where a number of plugins have that issue (DSP Quattro has it, too). Anyway, the above does not apply to DP 8 which uses the Cocoa framework.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I got an email about Sindo 5 and that's what I responded to. My first exposure to Crysonic was many years ago with Spectraphy LE which was surprisingly good at the time. Sindo is also a very good plug and I favor that or a Nomad Factory plug that does the same thing. My experience with their other plugs has been sort of disappointing. I vaguely remember giving up on them due to an inordinate processor hit manifesting itself in a sluggish GUI. I have suspected that the developer's programming chops really lie with Windows and the Mac versions struggle a bit. Just a hunch.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dbender

Post by dbender »

Thanks, Mike.

(Greetings from down the road in SF)
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I don't see any reference to Sindo 5 either. The currently featured version is 4. There is mention of V 3.5.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
dbender

Post by dbender »

Version 5 of Sindo was the subject of a subsequent sales email from Crysonic. I bit, bought last week, and still await the download link.....

Is version 5 of Sindo,
the new Godot?
Last edited by dbender on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Here's a screen capture from the email I received on 1/3/15. It was $23 for existing customers until 1/5/15 and then $64.95 for existing customers after that date. I went ahead and jumped.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Interesting. It doesn't seem to be there now. Hope he hasn't abandoned it.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:Interesting. It doesn't seem to be there now. Hope he hasn't abandoned it.
It's an email that was sent out to existing users. It may not have been posted on his website. I hope he didn't abandon it because he's been selling it for days and I paid for it already.

dbender

Post by dbender »

James Steele wrote:
bayswater wrote:Interesting. It doesn't seem to be there now. Hope he hasn't abandoned it.
It's an email that was sent out to existing users. It may not have been posted on his website. I hope he didn't abandon it because he's been selling it for days and I paid for it already.
James, please do let us know if and what you hear back from Crysonic in response to your "so where's my download link" email. Thanks, /signed/ dude in same Sindo V boat as you :D
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

You can bet this topic is the FIRST place I'll go.

Sussing out an interesting problem right now with my system. Hooked up third monitor to my ATI 5770 and for some weird reason, the system didn't recognize my holding down the Option key on boot so I could bring up the screen to change from booting off my 10.6.8 drive to my 10.10.1 SSD drive. Solution, plug into the hub built into my Cinema display not the hub I'd been using before. Love it when they're easy like that.

dbender

Post by dbender »

James Steele wrote:You can bet this topic is the FIRST place I'll go.

Sussing out an interesting problem right now with my system. Hooked up third monitor to my ATI 5770 and for some weird reason, the system didn't recognize my holding down the Option key on boot so I could bring up the screen to change from booting off my 10.6.8 drive to my 10.10.1 SSD drive. Solution, plug into the hub built into my Cinema display not the hub I'd been using before. Love it when they're easy like that.
Thanks, dude, I'll do the same…

Cool you found an easy workaround without too much hair-tearing-out … Very cool when that happens, may it be an omen for you for this year…
bolla

Post by bolla »

Same here. Bought the original deal and then purchased the Sindo v5 option.
No download email.
No response to my follow up emails either.
I'm giving it a week then I will look at other options.

Bolla.
8 Core 2.8 10.11.1 DP 8.07 | Dual 2.5 G5 VEP Slave | PC i7 920 VEP Slave | UAD Sat Quad | MiniMoog
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:the system didn't recognize my holding down the Option key on boot
Same thing happens with wireless keyboards. The Mac can't see them until after the startup drive selection point happens. PITA.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Back on the original topic... (I must chastise myself!)... I have not yet received any info from Crysonic about a download of Sindo 5 that I paid for on 1/3/14. So that's about a week now. A bit longer than the 24-48 hours advertised. However, Crysonic DID send me an email about the special EVERYTHING BUNDLE to existing users which is now down to $18. Really? $18? Honestly, I wonder what the fire sale is about and it makes me even more concerned. At some point, if this drags out long enough, I will have to open a dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center I suppose. I just hope the developer is overwhelmed with orders and processing them manually which I suspect. Still... this is pretty bogus.

dbender

Post by dbender »

Thanks, James.

In my experience it has sometimes taken a couple of emails to them to get the download link, but they haven't yet responded to the one you sent.

I got this email today too advertising this new $18 bundle. I'd be mighty pissed, as someone who bought Sindo v5 for $23 just after the last bundle sale, if this new bundle sale includes Sindo v5, unlike the last bundle sale that people have reported here only had Sindo v4 in it.

So I'm wondering if this new bundle sale includes Sindo v5 or v4.

"Sir, excuse me, waiting for Godot?"
"No, Sindo."
"D'oh!"