Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Crysonic bundle on SALE for $24

Post by Michael Canavan »

Didn't bite.
I've bought a couple of their products over the years and the Everything bundle a year or two ago.
Mostly they're unauthorized on my computer because of an OS upgrade if I recall, the system was/is completely different for each plug in, a convoluted mess, and the guy running that show rarely replies to emails.

My guess is it's one guy, and he bites off more than he can chew, otherwise it's a strange business model for sure. Huge sales all the time, messed up authorization process, decent plug ins, but the upgrade path is literally wait for another sale and buy/authorize everything again. Some plug ins work pretty good others are just fancy freeware IMO.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I bit and I'm glad I did. I'm on 10.10.1 and all the plugins authorized fine. A couple of those included in this version are 32 bit, but as someone above pointed out, most are 64 bit. One of the older plugins has not been updated to 64 bit -- nXstasy.

It may well be one guy. He clearly hasn't got the time or the inclination to get the naming, versions, authorization processes, packaging, manuals, etc properly organized, so getting these installed is pretty tedious.

But they all do something useful, and I think, are good value for $24.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I, too, suspect it's a one man operation. In fact, I've gotten receipts from PayPal in the past with this person's name I believe. I can't remember what it is offhand. I've been getting CONSTANT emails from Crysonic and I used to be a proponent. I remember the first level maximizer plug I got from them years ago, Spectraphy, and it was decent. Also, Sindo is very good. That said, I've gotten repeated offers to buy EVERYTHING for ridiculously low prices that if this is a one-man operation, I worry for the future of it. At a certain point, you discount so much and so frequently that you create the perception that your product is worth very little and that's where I find myself now after being bombarded with email offers over the past few weeks from Crysonic.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You mean Tayfun Topcu? Maybe an anagram.

But I see I first bought the everything bundle in 2010, and downloaded updates in 2012. It has been updated since then, more Mac versions and 64 bit updates have been introduced. So not a bad run for a one person shop.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:You mean Tayfun Topcu? Maybe an anagram.

But I see I first bought the everything bundle in 2010, and downloaded updates in 2012. It has been updated since then, more Mac versions and 64 bit updates have been introduced. So not a bad run for a one person shop.
I guess I need to dig into my Crysonic plugs and see if the ones I have are needing 32 Lives to run. Probably worth it to at least go to 64-bit. I do like Sindo. Some of the other plugs, I can't recall the name right now, were terrible processor hogs—to the point of sluggish interface—and I gave up on them.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:I guess I need to dig into my Crysonic plugs and see if the ones I have are needing 32 Lives to run. Probably worth it to at least go to 64-bit. I do like Sindo.
If you have Sindo V3, which came with the last bundle offer, it will be running at 32 bit.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well, I gotta say... I paid $23 for the upgrade to Sindo and days later I'm still waiting on the email with the download link. Ugh..

dbender

Post by dbender »

James Steele wrote:Well, I gotta say... I paid $23 for the upgrade to Sindo and days later I'm still waiting on the email with the download link. Ugh..
Misery loves company, same here, brother ..... "ugh" indeed..... :( ....
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dbender wrote:
James Steele wrote:Well, I gotta say... I paid $23 for the upgrade to Sindo and days later I'm still waiting on the email with the download link. Ugh..
Misery loves company, same here, brother ..... "ugh" indeed..... :( ....
I forwarded a copy of my PayPal receipt to the guy (I'm convinced it's a one-man shop) asking if I'd get a link and registration code soon. The "manual" nature of this process seems to support the suspicion this is just one developer running the whole thing—not that I begrudge anybody that. Probably the only way you could stay in business at that price point.

dbender

Post by dbender »

I haven't done that yet. In the past I had.

Please let us know if and when he responds and coughs up the goods (i.e., download link and authorization info), AND, if Sindo v5 passes AU Eval.

Thanks man
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I only waited about 48 hours. Yes sindo and all the others passed validation with DP 8.07 and OSX 10.10.1
dbender

Post by dbender »

bayswater wrote:I only waited about 48 hours. Yes sindo and all the others passed validation with DP 8.07 and OSX 10.10.1
Thanks, man, but which version of Sindo? Was it version 4 or 5?

I didn't think the new version 5 of Sindo was included in that bundle, James and I are talking about the new Sindo version 5 that was advertised only after the bundle deal, so I didn't think the bundle included it.
Last edited by dbender on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I don't have it in front of me. My previous bundle was v 3 I think. Whatever the new one is, it's 64 bit and works fine. The new bundle seemed to have a mix of v3,4,5 plugins. All of the older 32 bit versions are now 64 bit except nXstasy which was MIA
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well it should come soon. They'll be waking up in Australia soon, right? :)

dbender

Post by dbender »

I bet myself he'd not honor his statement in the email ad that download links would be sent in 24-48 hours. I won that bet, I guess. This is par for the course with Crywolf, er I mean Crysonic. I promised myself never to buy from them again after getting the last bundle in 2012. Had to chase him over and over for the download links, several didn't pass AU Validation, my support request emails about that went ignored or were met by false promises of a fix soon etc.....

That's why I didn't get the bundle again this time. It seemed many were still the same versions. For example, newB V4 didn't pass AU Validation, so I still had to use V3.

But I like Sindo a lot. For the above reasons, I sat out this last bundle, but did bite and spent the $23 on the new Sindo v5. I really hope that Sindo v5 wasn't in the last bundle. Otherwise I would have gotten the bundle (same price as the new Sindo v5 by itself).

So, anyone, was Sindo v5 in the bundle, or v4?