Transport controls conflicting with keypad number entry

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
pencilina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Transport controls conflicting with keypad number entry

Post by pencilina »

Hi All,

For some reason when I try and enter certain numbers with the keypad like jumping the play head to a position by hitting the period on the keypad then typing the bar number, period, then beat number etc., the transport controls triggered by the keypad are kicking in. It used to be that if I had a value highlighted the keypad's number entry mode would override it controlling the transport. Entering the numbers with my keyboard's number keys (above the letters) works fine. Strangely this is only happening in certain data entry boxes like in the counter and mixer (entering fader/pan values) and not in the edit window's status bar (like entering bite gain). Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any suggestions? Is this a bug in 8?

Best,

B
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Transport controls conflicting with keypad number entry

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Haven't seen that one! I'll double check DP later today.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Check your Mac Accessibility Preferences. Something may be awry in there.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
pencilina

Post by pencilina »

Thanks.
I checked accessibility- nothing strange there. BTW when I first opened a file today keypad entry worked then went awry shortly after.
Latest DP, Gigabyte Designaire z390 i9 Hackintosh 32G Ram, Lucid ADA88192, RME FF800 and FF802 on M1 MPB, Ventura, and a Pencilina
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

For the purpose of trying to replicate the behavior, how much use does it take before it goes awry? And does it matter if you are accessing it a lot or a little? Or is it more time-based? In other words, do I have to use it many times in a row? Or if I use it once and come back later, will that also suffice?

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|