TRADING FILES WITH LOGIC USERS

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
thenystranger
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

TRADING FILES WITH LOGIC USERS

Post by thenystranger »

Greetings you DP'ers!
I would like to know the best way to trade files with Logic users. I have MIDI tracks with EZDrummer; EZ Keys and will be adding audio (guitar). So far I have tried Output 1&2 saved in aiff without the guitar audio files and it appears to have been transferred in sync… I'm afraid that the timing is not going to line up when opened up in logic & returned…
Does anyone here have any experience with this?
Thank you so much and happy Holidays! :smash: :smash:
Mac 8 Core 2.26 ~ 48 GB tricked - out RAM - D.P. 7.24 - & OSX 10.5.8 & OS9 Multi-Booting Multiple systems UNISYN - MOTU 2408 Mk3 - 3 MTP/AV 24X24 - Yamaha 01V - Kurzweil's K2000R/S - GR-50/U220/VG-8 - 88 - 99 & Tons of synths & Mac's SCSI storage Sample & synth libraries. EZ Drummer Superior Drummer - EZKeys Yamaha O2R/96 - Euphonix MC Control
billf

Re: TRADING FILES WITH LOGIC USERS

Post by billf »

I dealt with this situation a while ago, and ended up just having each track being bounced as audio, even the MIDI stuff. I don't remember specifics, except that when we tried to bring in MIDI and audio from Logic X, it did have a synch issue. I didn't have time to try to look into it further though to try to find the cause.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Re: TRADING FILES WITH LOGIC USERS

Post by bayswater »

I trade songs with people who write in Logic and GB. I worked out how to duplicate a GB song in DP and posted it (see link below). The same process will work for Logic.

If all you want to do is move basic MIDI and Audio tracks back and forth, the export and import functions in DP and Logic work fine. It usually best to ensure that every track starts at the very start of the sequence so you never have to worry about them not syncing. Just export and import multitrack MIDI files, and drag and drop the audio files from the audio folders that both Logic and DP have in their project folders.

If you need to replicate VI sounds and mix automation, you need to follow the more complicated process in the link. Because a lot of Logic sounds are likely to be in EXS24, it's good to have a VI like MachFive that can import the EXS sounds.

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... ic#p469809
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8