DP 8 new editing features?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 8 new editing features?

Post by BKK-OZ »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:We're not a tech support team.
Absotively posilutely.
More like a community - or, dare I say, a family?

And like any family or community, we are not some homogenous, bland, mono-dimensional automaton-like mass of conformists. But also like any community, we are rightly judged by how we treat each other, and in particular, how we treat the most needy amongst us.

MLC, you and I have not always agreed. Does that mean that I do not value you, or look forward to your posts? Of course not! I value you, and you have been very kind and very helpful to me on many occaisions, that much is beyond dispute, at least for my part. Do I sometimes not like what you post? To be honest, I don't like all your posts (like the pic of the crying baby earlier in this topic). But I'm sure you would legitmately say the same about me - that also isn't something worth arguing over, no one is expecting life or the 'Nation to be one never ending love-fest.

I do, however, sometimes take exception to overtly negative posts (not singling you out here, and I have been guilty too). Maybe I am too sensitive about these things, but I really don't like it when a topic gets rolling with post after post that are not much more than shots at some individual. I would prefer it if we could all just walk on by, rather than pile on with the sniping - the shots benefit no one and, in the end, diminish us all.

I don't think that anyone is saying that the occasional RTFM or LMGTFY reply is out of order. But put-downs, hostility and unnecessary meanness aren't appreciated.

How often does the negative thing happen here? Pretty rarely really, and in a pretty mild form compared to elsewhere on the 'Net, so its not like there is a crisis (no pun!) or anything, but it is something that has been noticed on more than one occasion, and really, is hostility over a lazy/silly/presumptuous post ever warranted? I mean, it's just the Interwebs after all, it isn't something life-and-death, it isn't worth getting upset over.

Your knowledge, humour and generosity are legendary and very much valued, no doubt by thousands who read but never post, as well as the many of hundreds that contribute here regularly. Losing your contributions would diminish this community significantly.

Losing your uniqueness would be sad and is unnecessary/unwarranted.

Please stay as part of the community, please.
Last edited by BKK-OZ on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I echo your sentiments as far as MLC's value to this *family* and we worked out everything just fine privately. We're all grown ups here and I respect MLC and everything's good. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

'splains why I drive a clown car. Lol. Fresh start for 2015. I'll try to behave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:'splains why I drive a clown car. Lol.
You and me both. 2009 Fit. Love it!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

I'm leasing a 2013. I'll probably trade in for a new lease in another 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah. I bought mine in 2009. Just started the "free years" with no payments! :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay. Time to spank myself. OT. No more cars in this topic.

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

James Steele wrote:Okay. Time to spank myself. OT. No more cars in this topic.
Hold it, hold it, hold it... don't lock me out until I know the answer to one question: where do you put your gear??? A Dean guitar case can't be a small thing, and amps... well, they're amps! Cables, mic stands... how do you get all that stuff into a Fit?

Was looking at some pictures. Maybe they're bigger than I remember.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

I get my 88 note kbd, 2 x 15" JBLs, stands for all, seat, and large electronics case in with room for the wife and a passenger if I really stack it. It's got a high interior roof, 2-way fold down/up seats, low rear loading height, and side doors the open 90 degrees. It carries as much as the bed in my Ranger did. Very deceptive from the outside. Also very long cargo area when seats are flat.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I get my 88 note kbd, 2 x 15" JBLs, stands for all, seat, and large electronics case in with room for the wife and a passenger if I really stack it. It's got a high interior roof, 2-way fold down/up seats, low rear loading height, and side doors the open 90 degrees. It carries as much as the bed in my Ranger did. Very deceptive from the outside. Also very long cargo area when seats are flat.
Piece of cake. I got equipment for a three person heavy metal band, and the band, in a 63 Impala. There might have been a few things tied to the roof, trunk lid, etc.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Okay, last car post. I just found the OT thread about cars, so I'll do my asking over there.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Shooshie wrote:
James Steele wrote:Okay. Time to spank myself. OT. No more cars in this topic.
Hold it, hold it, hold it... don't lock me out until I know the answer to one question: where do you put your gear??? A Dean guitar case can't be a small thing, and amps... well, they're amps! Cables, mic stands... how do you get all that stuff into a Fit?

Was looking at some pictures. Maybe they're bigger than I remember.

Shooshie
The fit holds a surprising amount of stuff. I think I even got a Marshall full stack AND guitar in there. The trick is that the back seat folds away completely flat. It's deceptive just how much you can fit in this car.

MIDI Life Crisis

Not to mention the low and wide rear cargo door.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote: The fit holds a surprising amount of stuff.
It really does. I have a RAV 4, but when I need loads of lumber I take the neighbours Fit. It holds a lot and holds it better.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8