Strings Stabs a la Jamirquai

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Strings Stabs a la Jamirquai

Post by wonder »

I use LASS for all my orchestrations for strings. I love it.

I've recently been doing some Pop and Disco style stuff and I can't get some things I'm looking for and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I'm looking for string stabs that fall off in pitch. The best way I can describe it is in songs like "Jamiroquai" tunes. Strings will stab in unison and fall in pitch. They don't glissando down slowly or even to a defined interval. Its more of just a fall off.

In LASS, the Pitch Wheel is non existent and I'm not sure how to get this string style.

Anyone have any library samples to recommend that might have this stylized effect in the core library?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Kurt Cowling

Re: Strings Stabs a la Jamirquai

Post by Kurt Cowling »

I'll admit I'm not familiar with Jamiroquai, but Session Strings Pro from Native Instruments has falls as one of the articulations. Maybe check out one of the audio demos to see if it's the sound you're looking for.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
wonder

Re: Strings Stabs a la Jamirquai

Post by wonder »

Kurt Cowling wrote:I'll admit I'm not familiar with Jamiroquai, but Session Strings Pro from Native Instruments has falls as one of the articulations. Maybe check out one of the audio demos to see if it's the sound you're looking for.
exactly what i was looking for. thank you.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear