Exporting audio to include fades

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
tonyton
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Exporting audio to include fades

Post by tonyton »

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I've forgotten how to export audio tracks in such a way that fades are included. I know I can bounce each track individually but that seems like a long way round. Grateful for any advice.

Tony

DP 7.24
MacPro (2009
Yosemite
Tritonemusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Exporting audio to include fades

Post by Tritonemusic »

I'm not sure what the best method is, but if you Merge Soundbites first, the fades will be permanently rendered. Then, you can export.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
tonyton
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by tonyton »

Thanks - I imagine that works with just a single sound bite (ie with nothing to merge to but just a fade at the end)?
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Yes. You can also select multiple soundbites from multiple tracks at the same time and merge all at once.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

AFAICR, merging multiple soundbites in a single track, will produce one soundbite including all of them. A new associated soundfile will be created in the process. In other words, Merge is a constructive process.

AFAICR, merging a soundbite with a fade will change your soundbite in that track, for the fade will be *printed* in the new soundbite. But the original associated soundfile will remain as long as you don't clear unused soundbites and delete undo history and files.
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...