Plug-in Alliance $99 sale... Dynamic Spectrum Mapper!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waitsongs
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Plug-in Alliance $99 sale... Dynamic Spectrum Mapper!

Post by waitsongs »

Sorry, thinking out loud again about the saxophone traveling harmonic/timbre control concept... this actually might be exactly what DSM can do, provided you can find a section of the audio where you like the timbre, you can then snapshot it and apply it to less pleasing areas. At least that's what I found with this difficult vocal, where timbre changed drastically from note to note. For different notes you may have to split into different tracks (with different DSM snapshots), but I'm not sure. The nice thing is, it's pretty quick to try out and adjust for best results.
DP 8.06, OS X 10.8.3, 8 core 2.8gHz MacPro, 14 GB ram, 32 Lives and JBridge, UAD-2 Quad Satellite, 828mk3, Apogee AD-16X, Trak2 and Rosetta, Eleven Rack, EWQL Gold Pro, Colossus, Goliath, Ethno World 4, StormDrum2, Komplete 8, LASS, MX4, Soundtoys Bundle, Stillwell plugs, Ozone 5, Slate Bundle, Trash, Waves C6, H-EQ, Autotune, Abbey Road plugs, Pro Tools 10, Logic 9, Reason 6.5, Final Cut Pro, lots of mic pre's, mics, instruments....
waitsongs

Post by waitsongs »

Hey Shooshie, what about this... Surfer eq from SoundRadix? It follows pitch on the track, and eq's differently for each note, AND you can specify which harmonic(s) you want to eq....

http://www.jrrshop.com/computer-softwar ... x-surfereq
DP 8.06, OS X 10.8.3, 8 core 2.8gHz MacPro, 14 GB ram, 32 Lives and JBridge, UAD-2 Quad Satellite, 828mk3, Apogee AD-16X, Trak2 and Rosetta, Eleven Rack, EWQL Gold Pro, Colossus, Goliath, Ethno World 4, StormDrum2, Komplete 8, LASS, MX4, Soundtoys Bundle, Stillwell plugs, Ozone 5, Slate Bundle, Trash, Waves C6, H-EQ, Autotune, Abbey Road plugs, Pro Tools 10, Logic 9, Reason 6.5, Final Cut Pro, lots of mic pre's, mics, instruments....
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

waitsongs wrote:Hey Shooshie, what about this... Surfer eq from SoundRadix? It follows pitch on the track, and eq's differently for each note, AND you can specify which harmonic(s) you want to eq....

I think that might do the trick! It's not THE one that I was looking at 9 years ago, but it does basically the same thing, apparently even better than the one I saw. I think I may have to get SurferEQ. Thanks so much!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
waitsongs

Post by waitsongs »

Shooshie wrote:
waitsongs wrote:Hey Shooshie, what about this... Surfer eq from SoundRadix? It follows pitch on the track, and eq's differently for each note, AND you can specify which harmonic(s) you want to eq....

I think that might do the trick! It's not THE one that I was looking at 9 years ago, but it does basically the same thing, apparently even better than the one I saw. I think I may have to get SurferEQ. Thanks so much!

Shoosh
Well, thanks for getting me thinking about whether such an eq concept was even possible so I could keep my eye out for it. I'll be getting it too once I'm over the trauma of too many Cyber Monday purchases!