inserting bar

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ibeton
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

inserting bar

Post by ibeton »

hi
does anyone know, is it possible to insert an empty bar in middle of MIDI /score track beside copy and moving?
thanks
iMac intel core i5 2.9GHz/16 GB RAM / 1600Mhz DDR3 OSX 10.9.1 / DP 8.05
MOTU UltraLite
Tritonemusic

Re: inserting bar

Post by Tritonemusic »

DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I assume the link is to the Insert Measures menu item.

Project/Change Conductor Track/Insert Measures

You'll get a dialog. Type in the number of measures.

ALWAYS use this method unless you have reason not to. It keeps everything lined up, including the conductor track. If you have meter changes on down the way, and you just shift the data, you'll be in trouble when you get to those meter changes. Besides, it's easier than selecting and shifting.

If you use it often, add a keyboard command in the COMMANDS window. Just search for "Insert Measures."

BTW, I have nothing against leaving a link for an answer and sometimes do it myself. It works, and the OP has the answer. But in this particular case, the question is a basic one, so I just wanted to flesh out the answer for future searches. Links go away after a few years, if not sooner. This is a basic question that should be easy to find in future forum searches, so... voila!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Yeah, I just thought the link illustrated things much better than I could, considering it included a screenshot and details. I figured it was better than nothing, since nobody else replied. I'm not anywhere near my manual or my computer and can't give more specifics, at the moment. Thanks for the help.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Just noticed, the menu path is:
  • Project / Conductor Track / Insert Measures

Not
  • Project / Change Conductor Track / Insert Measures

And again, don't feel like I was making diminishing your answer, Tritone. On the contrary, everyone appreciates it when anyone gives the right answer! It's just as I said; I thought this would be a good one to have available for future searches, so I fleshed it out a bit. That link may not be there in a few years, but others will search for this.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Shooshie wrote:And again, don't feel like I was making diminishing your answer, Tritone.
No worries, Shoosh. I totally dig where you're coming from. :unicorn:
ibeton

Post by ibeton »

Thank you all :)
iMac intel core i5 2.9GHz/16 GB RAM / 1600Mhz DDR3 OSX 10.9.1 / DP 8.05
MOTU UltraLite