Desperate husband……..

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ernestoduenas
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Desperate husband……..

Post by ernestoduenas »

Hello guys….Im just new on this forum cause I used to be PT user but now Im changing my eyes on DP just to run multitracks live. Ok Im going to the point.

1.- My DP 8.0 (never updated) crashing……
2.- My DP8 rewired with Reason 5 crashing also….
3.- Old Digi003 interface with Mac tower 10.7.5 32gb Ram 2 x 3 Quad core intel xeon machine its what I have.
4.- Repair all disk and spaces..DONE…... DP preferences to the trash….DONE
5.- Need to update DP?…I have DP8 on my Mac laptop working perfect with same OSX.
6.- When I open the project says ( Unexpected error (MotuAudioSystemMAS CoreAudio error epon start 1778 [1852797029:1]
7.- DP send me to Configure Hardware Driver not showing the Digi003.
8.- Reason say "The aplicattion can not run because an unexpected error" need to force quit to close.

Please guys help this desperate husband to finish his projects to pay his bills…..regards guys and have a nice day :sorry:
bayswater

Re: Desperate husband……..

Post by bayswater »

I'm not familiar with the interface. Can you connect it to your laptop and see what happens? That might give some clues about where the problem is.

Of course you can post a ticket at MOTU with pretty much the info you posted here and see if they come up with a solution in the meantime. If you search the MOTU support site, you'll see one or two items about problems with MAS and Digidesign when the latter cannot support more than one app at a time. Since you're using Rewire, maybe that the problem?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

The simple solution:

Update DP
Download all drivers from MOTU
Repair permissions

Then, after that gets DP working again, include your machine specs and OS specs or no further help from me.

Just because it's ok in one machine with unknown specs, doesn't mean it "should" run in another (also no friggin' specs).

OK, pappy, go to it. You gotta lotta work ahead of ya'.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I have to agree with Mr. MLC above. DP 8 had a few growing pains; you should be running the latest version. You don't need to download the in-between versions, just 8.07.

Repair Disk Permissions from Disk Utility. If you read all those armchair idio... uh... experts who say you never have to do this, none of them run Digital Performer.

Download and install the latest drivers for your Digi...

Reboot. Hold the shift key down–this boots you into Safe Mode. After it boots, reboot without the shift key. This clears certain caches and resets those defaults.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Yep, it sounds like version compatibility issues. Update everything.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
ernestoduenas

Post by ernestoduenas »

mikehalloran wrote:I have to agree with Mr. MLC above. DP 8 had a few growing pains; you should be running the latest version. You don't need to download the in-between versions, just 8.07.

Repair Disk Permissions from Disk Utility. If you read all those armchair idio... uh... experts who say you never have to do this, none of them run Digital Performer.

Download and install the latest drivers for your Digi...

Reboot. Hold the shift key down–this boots you into Safe Mode. After it boots, reboot without the shift key. This clears certain caches and resets those defaults.
Sorry for this guys but problems still there….NOw Im having a new problem…..once I click on the DP icon show unexpected quit….Not even let me enter inside DP….What happen or what Im doing wrong?

mikehalloran I follow youe steps but now this computer becomes crazy jejee….I use to be Pro Tools 8 user, so digidesign told me that dont update drivers because driver comes inside PT8 and new drivers will crash Digicore Audio because are for PT9 and up. So what I want to do is clean and reinstall DP8 but the installer dont have uninstaller….How you could uninstall DP8 all clean and star again?…thanks mikehalloran and thanks guys for read this.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

There is no uninstaller for DP 8. It installs over itself. It's not an issue. Install, repair permissions, reboot. This has fixed me up a few times when something else broke DP (the OS 10.9.1 updater and certain Izotope installers in come to mind).

This is different than earlier versions that do have an uninstaller.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Did you update the app & drivers? Dud you post machine specs, RAM, etc?

A little effort goes a long way.

My work here is so done.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
ernestoduenas

Post by ernestoduenas »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Did you update the app & drivers? Dud you post machine specs, RAM, etc?

My work here is so done.

Hello MDC…..Mac tower 10.7.5 32gb Ram 2 x 3 Quad core intel xeon machine its what I have

1.-I use to have DP 8.0 with issues that I explain in my first post.
2.- Im using Digi003 interface so I cant update drivers because drivers come inside PT8.
3.- Once I update to DP 8.0.7 its asking me for a password and I dont have the first one that came on DP8…….. :sorry:
4.- I have an 828 MK2 and I will see if it could open and not crash…..
ernestoduenas

Post by ernestoduenas »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Did you update the app & drivers? Dud you post machine specs, RAM, etc?

My work here is so done.

Hello MDC…..Mac tower 10.7.5 32gb Ram 2 x 3 Quad core intel xeon machine its what I have

1.-I use to have DP 8.0 with issues that I explain in my first post.
2.- Im using Digi003 interface so I cant update drivers because drivers come inside PT8.
3.- Once I update to DP 8.0.7 its asking me for a password and I dont have the first one that came on DP8…….. :sorry:
4.- I have an 828 MK2 and I will see if it could open and not crash…..
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

ernestoduenas wrote:Once I update to DP 8.0.7 its asking me for a password and I dont have the first one that came on DP8…….. :sorry:
hmmmm

Is this a licensed version of DP we are talking about here, or???
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Part of it might be due to what others have said with respect to updates.

OSX 10.7 might not be the friendliest to the latest *available* versions of your software. More specifically, some of your VIs and plugins "might not" be comptible for OSX 10.9.x or 10.10 just yet.

You may need to do more than a little research with all of your apps and DAW plugins to determine which version of OSX with which they are all compatible. It's not a happy task, but it must be done.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

ernestoduenas wrote:3.- Once I update to DP 8.0.7 its asking me for a password and I dont have the first one that came on DP8…….
You can retrieve your key code here:

https://www.motu.com/techsupport/regist ... tails.html
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
billf

Post by billf »

ernestoduenas wrote: Hello MDC…..Mac tower 10.7.5 32gb Ram 2 x 3 Quad core intel xeon machine its what I have
10.7.5 is Lion, which is a rather old OS at this point. What is the Mac Pro Model Identifier? You can find that info on the About This Mac menu item under the Apple logo on the menu bar.

You might want to do a Get Info on DP and see if it is in 32 bit mode, and if it isn't, put it in 32 bit mode and see what happens.

That might be part of your problem. Did you try removing those drivers temporarily and see what happens?
3.- Once I update to DP 8.0.7 its asking me for a password and I dont have the first one that came on DP8……..
Password or Key Code? DP does not use a password, it uses a unique Key Code which is inside your DP manual.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
MIDI Life Crisis

There s manual?

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS