DP 8, VST and Batch Export for VIs?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
malditoyanki
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 8, VST and Batch Export for VIs?

Post by malditoyanki »

Hey gang! Now that DP supports VST can we now also do batch exporting from VIs similar to what Cubase does? Would be great to just fire and forget 45 tracks of VIs and come back 5 mins later with a folder full of stems.
Intel 6core 3.33 Ghz Westmere 48 gigs ram, MOTU micro lite, OS 10.9, DP 8.06, Apogee Symphony I/O, PLAY, most WAVES v9 plugs, Slate plugins, Soundtoys, ProTools 10, Kontakt 5, Omni, Stylus, Ivory

"DON'T fail me again, Admiral..."
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 8, VST and Batch Export for VIs?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I think you can select and hit freeze to do that. Bouncing would mix them. Freezing will add them to the sequence.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 8, VST and Batch Export for VIs?

Post by bayswater »

I followed FM's lead and set up my templates so the outputs of VIs are routed to audio tracks, either directly, with monitoring turned on, or via Aux channels and monitoring done from the Aux. Then when you're ready, just put the audio tracks into record mode and it's done in one pass.

I don't think the difference between DP and Cubase in this regard had anything to do with VST VIs -- it's just a different way to do things. Logic will bounce a lot of stuff at once too -- no VST there.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8