Anyone using new garbage can mac pro?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
willheim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyone using new garbage can mac pro?

Post by willheim »

I'm thinking about upgrading to the new mac pro. Anyone using it with DP 8.07?
I will be using two monitors, the UA 16 with Thunderbolt, and VEP tied to a couple other rigs.

Think I am going to rent one for a weekend and see how it goes, if possible!

Any comments greatly appreciated.

I tried to find a thread on this a couple times, there must be one!
mac pro 2.66 2010 8 core w 48 gig 1600 ddr, Mac OS 10.6.8, DP 7.21, the usual plugs and stuff.
Shooshie

Re: Anyone using new garbage can mac pro?

Post by Shooshie »

Another question: does anyone know of any big installations with the new Mac Pro and all of MOTU's networkable boxes? I'd like to see something like that at work. I keep going back and studying the specs and scenarios for those boxes, and my jaw drops further and further to the floor each time. That's amazing stuff. It's not 1995 anymore.

Surely some of you MDs have been asked to set up such a system. Maybe you could give us the goodfella tour.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Re: Anyone using new garbage can mac pro?

Post by BKK-OZ »

I've been using a NMP 6 core since the beginning of the year. Very very snappy, and yes, there are a bunch of threads here.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku