Is it possible to constrain movement in the TO window?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Is it possible to constrain movement in the TO window?

Post by emjayinla »

Greetings,

I'd like to constrain phrase block movement in the Tracks Overview window to a single direction. In the MIDI, sequence, etc. editors it works by holding the shift key. This however is not working for me in the TO window. Am I missing something?

Cheers
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is it possible to constrain movement in the TO window?

Post by Shooshie »

emjayinla wrote:Greetings,

I'd like to constrain phrase block movement in the Tracks Overview window to a single direction. In the MIDI, sequence, etc. editors it works by holding the shift key. This however is not working for me in the TO window. Am I missing something?

Cheers
The default constraint in the TO window is by barline. You don't have to push the SHIFT key for that; it's the default. If you want to UN-constrain it, use the COMMAND key. Then you can drag by any amount in the measures. But if you want to move up or down, left or right while constrained to track or original time position, you only need to stay within the barlines as you drag. If the barlines prove too narrow for that, use COMMAND-RIGHT ARROW key to enlarge the measure. You can change it back immediately with the same command but with the left arrow key.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by emjayinla »

Aha, I've been trying to do it with too narrow a view and an unsteady hand.

Thanks for the tip.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Maybe for some things, Copy & Paste are better.

Is there a key combination that will act like dragging but use the arrows to nudge by whole measures in the TO?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com