Waves bye-bye, or Hell-o?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Waves bye-bye, or Hell-o?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Re: Waves bye-bye, or Hell-o?

Post by Shooshie »

Am I to gather that installing Waves in Yosemite requires two computers? Or just doing it without an internet connection? That is, NOT using Waves' website installer process.

I'm suspecting it's the latter.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
davedempsey

Post by davedempsey »

That's it Shooshie, you need to use the downloaded installer and definitely not the online installer :)
Lots of stuff and a recently acquired ability to stop buying
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Does anyone understand what this "Yosemite Fix" does? I copied over my Wave files from a ML partition to a Yosemite partition, ran the AU reg app, and it all works. Authorization is on a USB drive. So I'm not clear on why I'd want this. What I don't want is something that tells me my V9.2 Waves plugins are now useless and I have to "wupgrade".
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

bayswater wrote:Does anyone understand what this "Yosemite Fix" does? I copied over my Wave files from a ML partition to a Yosemite partition, ran the AU reg app, and it all works. Authorization is on a USB drive. So I'm not clear on why I'd want this. What I don't want is something that tells me my V9.2 Waves plugins are now useless and I have to "wupgrade".
I'd steer clear of it until you see a definite pattern of not-workingness. Chances are pretty high that it would do exactly what you fear it would do. I downloaded all they had, but I'm not using any of them until I have to.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

It probably just fixes the 'kext' signing to work with 10.10.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

The fix is to get WLC working again - it won't sync otherwise. Doesn't affect the plugs. I just did a clean install of Yosemite on an SSD drive and reinstalled EVERYTHING from scratch (took a week) and everything is working fine on Yosemite - no problems with Waves 9.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11