VI Instrument Output Setting / Preference

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midiac2
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VI Instrument Output Setting / Preference

Post by midiac2 »

When I create any virtual Instrument, I hardly ever create anything other than a Stereo Instance, yet I am offered a mono, Quad, 5.1, 7.1, etc. . . making the list of VI's to select / sift through longer than necessary. Not a BIG problem, but would be nice to clean up / limit if possible. . . Anyone out there know how to potentially go about this?

Andy
adriano

Re: VI Instrument Output Setting / Preference

Post by adriano »

midiac2 wrote:When I create any virtual Instrument, I hardly ever create anything other than a Stereo Instance, yet I am offered a mono, Quad, 5.1, 7.1, etc. . . making the list of VI's to select / sift through longer than necessary. Not a BIG problem, but would be nice to clean up / limit if possible. . . Anyone out there know how to potentially go about this?

Andy
Hi midiac2,
Not possible within DP. This is the way the plugin is/was coded.

Adriano
iMac9,1, 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB-RAM, 10.9.5
DP 8.07, 828MKIII, Keys-Fantom X8, XV-88. Key

SampleTank v2.5.4, Miroslav Philharmonik v1.1.2, SampleMoog v1.02, SampleTron v1.02, Sonik Synth 2 v2.1.1, Independence Pro v3.2.0126, EZDrummer 1.4, MDrummer Large 5.02, Komplete U9, Orchestral Essential 1, Orchestral Essential 2, Complete Orchestral Collection

Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
bayswater

Re: VI Instrument Output Setting / Preference

Post by bayswater »

If this is a VI you use regularly, you can set it up in a V-Rack and save the project as a default template. Then when you start up a new project it will all be there the way you want it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8