Quickeys newbie

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Quickeys newbie

Post by Shooshie »

ironchef_marc wrote:I did ! Took me 2 days but got it done. I tried Quickeys but without success then after studying Keyboard Maestro macros frankf shared with me and a lot of trial and error I manage to set myself up with a pretty neat set of macros all triggered from my iPad through TouchOSC.

I am sure I will think of more to add but I've got all my most used functions such as various transpose, Quantize settings, velocity scaling, instant various CC# recall for drawing, Change Continuous data for various CC #,all in one button press on the iPad.

I'd be happy to share my macros (be aware they aren't really transferable because they are based on custom commands and window sets and sizes etc)but I could give you some insight and save you time by letting you know how I managed to get these to work properly as well as the best way to use it with TouchOSC as they are a few quirks in there too.
Congratulations! Automation is great, isn't it!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
ironchef_marc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Quickeys newbie

Post by ironchef_marc »

I wonder why it took me so long to get set up like. Now I need to do the same wit Finale.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV