Eucon Status in DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mrgkeys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Eucon Status in DP

Post by mrgkeys »

How's this controller method working these days? DP still support it? Anyone using an Artist controller?
nk_e

Re: Eucon Status in DP

Post by nk_e »

I had loads of trouble with Artist Control in just about all DAWs. It worked, but I would get random issues of focus being lost, faders not responding, and other weird things.

Turns out that THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING I DID TO FIX THIS is found here on the Avid forums:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2163897&posted=1

Though the thread is referring to Protools and Logic, once I applied this fix, my AC was rock solid in all of my DAWs that support it. One big caveat though: this is talking about Mavericks and EuCon 3.1.2. As I recall, this version of EuCon worked with DP but you should keep whatever install that is working for you handy in case you have to revert. At the time, I was doing a lot in Cubase and Protools and didn't test this with DP extensively. It did seem to work though: The screen, buttons and faders were all responsive, things were in sync, etc.

I can say that this fix turned my ArtistControl from a regretted purchase to a rock solid performer in my set up across multiple applications.

10 core iMacPro | 64 GB RAM | OS 12.6.7 | LOGIC PRO | STUDIO ONE 6 | CUBASE 12 | BITWIG 5 | DP 11 | MOTU Interfaces | Waaay Too Many Plug-ins |

http://www.gesslr.com

buhardilla

Re: Eucon Status in DP

Post by buhardilla »

Here MCControl (Eucon driver 3.2) works flawless with DP8.
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||