Waves Codex & Harbingers of Disappointment

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Waves Codex VI in DP

Post by toodamnhip »

Shooshie wrote:
toodamnhip wrote:I do not concur with there being some sort of “hate” for DP or it’s users. I know there was ONCE a problem of support and yes, that was unfortunate and pissed all of us off. But I don;t think it was based in “hate” unless such can be traced to actual Waves staff stating they “hated” DP and it’s users.
I do agree that DP should be respected as one of the oldest DAWs on the market and should be supported. But all the “hate of DP” talk might find it’s true causes in simple technical incompatibilities between Codex and DP. Technical quirks of DP is FACT I can attest to in my dealings with various developers, never hate of DP.
I was met with derision, sarcasm, and a hateful tone of voice when I would mention that i use Digital Performer. I was forced to call them a number of times over the phone, because the L3 MultiMaximizer would not install. There was a conflict with the Platinum Bundle authentication, which had the L3 ULTRA-Maximizer (a free addition to the bundle) authenticated, so the authentication skipped the L3 MULTI-Maximizer. After about 8 phone calls, spread out over a year, I can attest that I tried every possible solution that I could have done, and I came to understand the problem well. It had nothing to do with Digital Performer.

But when they asked me what DAW I was using, I would say "Digital Performer," and they'd say "there's your problem right there: Our plugins don't work with Digital Performer."

"Yes, they do. Most of us who use DP use Waves plugins every day with DP."

"You're not supposed to. It's not supported. You can't be doing that."

"We paid dearly for it. It works. Why wouldn't we use it?"

"Because it's not supported! It'll do bad things to your system."

So, they'd have me go through the uninstall, and install for ALL of their plugins. This meant that my installation was compromised, and I now needed new installers, which I couldn't get officially, because I used DP. But after going through the process with them, it wouldn't work (for the same reason stated before) and they'd say "Your problem is that you need to use a REAL DAW! You can't do anything with Digital Performer! Nobody uses it, and I mean NOBODY! You should switch to a real DAW like Logic or Acid."

Every time they mentioned DP, there would be derision and sarcasm in their voices.

I'm not even telling you the whole story. It gets a lot worse. But you're probably thinking by now, "What did Shooshie do to provoke this behavior? Surely they wouldn't do this for no reason."

I never did figure out the answer to that, except that I was confident that I did nothing other than to tell them what DAW I used. (I say "they" because essentially the same conversation happened with at least three different guys during the first 8 months of this. Finally, someone told me of an engineer to ask for. I had to call at night, because Tel Aviv is around the world. When I got him, he first went through the same suggestions that the other personnel had taken me through, except that he was polite about it. I politely told him "no, those won't work. I've tried those a dozen times."

So, he listened to me describe it, and he finally said "it sounds like the installer won't authenticate, because the Platinum Bundle installer is stealing the authentication from it, and it only authorizes the LE Ultramaximizer, which is free with the bundle.

I said "YES! You got it! That's what I've been telling them for a year!

"You haven't been able to use this for a year?" (Also, by this time, Waves was supporting DP again. That's another story, involving another member here: kgdrum.)

I explained the story. He apologized profusely, and said they've hired a bunch of morons for the front lines with the customers. He told me he couldn't have the fix for me right away, but he'd get one of his best programmers on it. He put her on the line. We agreed on a time to talk the next day, and she promised she'd have a new installer written by then. She was very smart, very efficient, and polite. Spoke english like a New Yorker. The next day, we talked and she had the installer ready. It worked. At last, I could use my L3 Multi-maximizer.

No matter what I said to the other guys, they always countered with "your problem is that you use Digital Performer. It doesn't work, dude. NOBODY uses DP. You need to switch to a real DAW." They'd put me through incredible busy-work, uninstalling, re-installing, running the authentication process, even though it didn't work. They'd have me do it several times. They'd say things like "see? That crazy Digital Performer is preventing it from working. You need to delete that DAW."

This is a bizarre story. Similar conversations took place about 6 or 8 times. Their voices were derisive and sarcastic. They laughed at me for using DP. I mean, real laughter. I always got the impression that more than one were listening, because of the way the one would laugh, and the things he would say or ask.

So, toodamnhip. How would you explain this? To what would you attribute their sarcastic tone of voice and derisive laughter at the mention of "that Digital Performer." Do you think they were only trying to be helpful in suggesting (sarcastically, derisively, and with extremely negative attitudes) that I switch to a REAL DAW like Logic or Acid? What do you think was their motivation?

In all the years I've talked to tech support at companies all over the globe, I've never once encountered anything like the crap I got from those frontline Waves support "morons" as the engineer described them. In fact, the only time I've ever been treated even close to that badly was by a collection agency who mistakenly thought I was some guy who had bought a Hummer, and they weren't going to listen to me or let me off the hook. They were coming to get that Hummer. (I hadn't bought a car in 5 years, but I paid cash, and it darned sure wasn't a Hummer.) It took threatening them with legal action to stop them, and to this day I still get letters in the mail about that Hummer. That's what those Waves guys were like. Always coming back with "no, dude; it won't work, because you use Digital Performer. It's not going to work until you switch to a real DAW. Nobody has even HEARD of Digital Performer."

Never mind that I explained to them that DP users all over the world used Waves every day, even though it was not officially supported. "NO, they can't use Waves, because we don't support that host."

I called about every 6 weeks, hoping to get someone who knew something, but each conversation was pretty much the same, until I finally got that engineer.

Now, your experience may not have been that involved. But if you'd called for reasons like mine, I'm pretty sure you'd have gone through the same thing. Let me tell you, it's very hard to forget that.

Shooshie
What those idiot service reps told you was definitely wrong. But I still wouldn’t attribute it to the whole of Waves as a company. I have heard members here complain of various MOTU reps too. I myself have had an ass of an unsympathetic MOTU rep a few times tell me how another companies product was the problem. And I have had GREAT MOTU reps. There are bad eggs in every company for sure. And perhaps there was a contagion of “attitude"where there was a climate of agreement and attitude that DP is “not supported”, and it really sucks that that jaded you so..understandably.....but it sounds like, in the end, the Waves company removed those bad eggs and we all know DP has now been supported for years. As a person who works with Waves and helps them, I have never heard any bad attitude about DP....just a desire to work well within our beloved DAW.
The only technical description I ever heard from a Waves employee was one of admiration as to how accurate DP when it comes to plug in demands and that waves had to include a little part of it;s programming to allow for DP’s extreme , sample accurate handling of plug ins.
No bad mouthing, no attitude and no resentment as to DP at all. But it is clear your experience was not a good one. Hopefully Waves will one day earn your trust again and keep all of us in great stead with their software.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Waves Codex & Harbingers of Disappointment

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

"Ye shall know them by their fruits,"
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:"Ye shall know them by their fruits,"
Their fruits AND their nuts.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Shooshie wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:"Ye shall know them by their fruits,"
Their fruits AND their nuts.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
tamjam

Post by tamjam »

toodamnhip wrote: I will also add that DP has shown itself to have certain quirks under the hood that other DAWs do NOT have. It is not only Waves that have expressed these qirks to me. Of course, all DAWs have their quirks but I also suppose there could be something about DP’s quirks that make Codex more difficult to support..
One assumes so Toodamnhip.... this is the only plug out of the latest release that I find doesn't run inside DP. And it runs under PT & Live for me. I've got 160 odd other Waves plug-ins that run beautifully inside DP 8.0.6. I can't imagine why anyone in Waves development would be deliberately choosing ONE plugin to neglect DP users with....!! Esp. not having seen how much activity goes on.

Element had problems in DP up front and now it's mostly been settled down so I suggest this new device will in time too. It sounds pretty tasty to me and is different from Rob Papen's synth's. "Better" will depend on your own tastes, surely?

Shooshie - it sounds to me like you got some eminently poor handling by a local rep. It's not what I've experienced. Though I, like you suffered a bit when they weren't supporting DP, i've suffered as DP experienced issues through their development. This kind of issue plagues most developers from time to time, doesn't it?
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

tamjam wrote:Shooshie - it sounds to me like you got some eminently poor handling by a local rep. It's not what I've experienced. Though I, like you suffered a bit when they weren't supporting DP, i've suffered as DP experienced issues through their development. This kind of issue plagues most developers from time to time, doesn't it?

Not exactly.

• First, it wasn't a local rep. It was Tel Aviv. This was Waves Headquarters.
• Secondly, it happened about 6 or 8 times over the course of a year.
• Third, the same conversation, give or take a little, happened with multiple people who answered the phone there at Waves Headquarters as I called again and again over a period of a year or so.
• Fourth, this wasn't my having to wait, like everyone else, for development to take place. This was a specific bug that was affecting anyone with my circumstances, and it should have been fixed the first time I called, so that a plugin that cost hundreds of dollars wouldn't be unusable.

So: it was a number of support reps at the Waves Headquarters in Tel Aviv. These are not just some misinformed Joes out in Knoxville, Kentucky or at some Guitar Center. One of their guys told me what a huge company Waves is, and how they are working all over the world on the biggest projects with the biggest companies on earth. He explained that they didn't have time to deal with a little piss-ant company like MOTU, and that all my problems would be cleared up if I just threw out that silly software.

Finally, I've never experienced this kind of thing with any other company. You call up tech support and say "Hi, my software won't authorize. Can you help me? Then they ask "what DAW are you using?" You tell them "Digital Performer," and the call basically is over because they spend the next several minutes telling you THAT'S your problem, and that you should get another DAW.

Tell me how many times you've called MOTU or any other company and had someone tell you that. I've never "suffered" the temporary loss of a piece of software. I get something that will replace it, and that's what I use until the one I want is back in circulation. Sometimes you certainly miss the out-of-commission software, but it never feels personal. You don't have people telling you you're basically stupid to use the software you have relied on for most of your career.

No, what I've tried to impress upon anyone who wishes to read this thread is that what happened with Waves was entirely different. It was not acceptable. I doubt that I'll ever forget it. Even though I still use Waves products, I think about that, and I still hear those morons and their derisive laughter and sarcasm every time I open a Waves plugin. My whole point was that this was unlike anything you or I have experienced with MOTU, Native Instruments, Steven Slate Digital, Apple, Microsoft, or any other company.

The solution to my problem took them less than 24 hours to program. That day could have taken place the FIRST time I called, rather than the 8th. Why did I get the same abuse from various Waves employees every time I called? Meanwhile, I had to go almost a year without the use of the L3 MultiMaximizer, because those morons stopped listening to me the moment I said "Digital Performer." Had they listened, they would have realized that Waves had written a bug into their installer, and anyone who had installed the upgrade to the Platinum Bundle would be unable to install the L3 MultiMaximizer afterward, because it screwed up the authorization for the L3 package. It wasn't a DP problem. It didn't have to be a problem at all. They only needed to rewrite the installer/authorization scheme.

You see? This wasn't a case of my having to wait on a corporation to finish development. It was a bug that was easily fixed by their programmers when I was able to talk to one. But it took 8 calls over many months before I was able to get an engineer on the line, because those assholes would ask me what DAW I used, and from that point onward, they stopped listening and started laughing.

Is that more clear to you now? I'm a thick-skinned individual who used to work on horse ranches and on the railroad. I don't get my feelings hurt by a few morons in Tel Aviv who won't listen to me. This wasn't "suffering" while I had to wait on a company to upgrade their software. This was the case of a big plugin company, Waves, whose front lines on the telephone were completely manned with morons and jackasses who would not listen, who let their hatred of Digital Performer prevent them from doing their farking jobs, thus what should have been done the first time I called took close to a year to get straightened out.

That is unlike my experience with any software company I've dealt with since 1984, when I bought my first 128K Mac. Are you seeing the difference now?
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

It's interesting, but on a somewhat related note, I've encountered a dismissive, condescending developer before. I sent an email alerting the developer that in Mavericks, their app allowed the user to quit in the middle of running a task without confirming via any sort of "Are you sure?" dialog. I discovered this by accidentally hitting Command+Q.

I received a very snide email that said "I suppose it's not good enough that you are asked to confirm EVERY time you quit?" Essentially, they didn't believe me. Just dismissed it out of hand that I was some crank or an idiot. I actually kept my cool, wrote back and attached a screen capture movie that clearly showed me quitting the app and no confirmation dialog. I received a reply without any apology for the snarky response earlier, but just an acknowledgement that the issue would be fixed in the next version. I was tempted to write back some sort of equally snarky "told you so" response, but I decided I'd be the bigger person.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

James Steele wrote:It's interesting, but on a somewhat related note, I've encountered a dismissive, condescending developer before. I sent an email alerting the developer that in Mavericks, their app allowed the user to quit in the middle of running a task without confirming via any sort of "Are you sure?" dialog. I discovered this by accidentally hitting Command+Q.

I received a very snide email that said "I suppose it's not good enough that you are asked to confirm EVERY time you quit?" Essentially, they didn't believe me. Just dismissed it out of hand that I was some crank or an idiot. I actually kept my cool, wrote back and attached a screen capture movie that clearly showed me quitting the app and no confirmation dialog. I received a reply without any apology for the snarky response earlier, but just an acknowledgement that the issue would be fixed in the next version. I was tempted to write back some sort of equally snarky "told you so" response, but I decided I'd be the bigger person.
That's good of you. Besides, what better result could you possibly get by rubbing their noses in it? All this talk about my experience with Waves has gotten me thinking about it again (which I don't like to do) which led to my finding the receipts for the L3MM ($265 upgrade price) and WUP ($563, half of which was wasted when Waves quit supporting DP), as well as the correspondence I had with various people at Waves. It was an engineer named Elia Shenberger who finally took an interest, paid attention, and hooked me up with a lady programmer who fixed the L3 MultiMaximizer. (sadly, I've lost her name) Elia was a good guy. After a year of the morons, I was lucky to find him.

I was surprised that even toward the end of this ordeal, I was still telling them how much I love their plugins, being supportive, and not bad-mouthing anyone or anything. That's why this whole thing never made any sense to me. What the heck causes a company's phone representatives to insult a paying customer (at that time, in 2007, I had spent over $3000 at Waves) with taunts and derision I had not heard since the grade school playground? To this day, I cannot fathom any explanation. It just doesn't make any sense.

At some point they had told me I'd have to wait until DP was supported again, and then my L3MM would work. I wrote back and said I was also a Logic user, along with Soundtrack Pro, WaveBurner, WireTap Studio, and other apps that use AU plugins. Could they at least fix it for THOSE? But no... I had mentioned Digital Performer, and that derailed the whole train. There could be no progress after that. Of course, when they DID start supporting DP again, the L3MM was still broken, because it had never been about DP. It was about the L3's installer bug, which they refused to hear about, preferring to blame MOTU for something that had nothing to do with MOTU.

The irony is that until that happened, and throughout most of it, I was Waves biggest supporter in this forum. Then they pulled THAT on me.

James, I've had a lot of experiences with software programmers who, when I'd report a bug, would say something like "well don't do the things that cause that to happen." (Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do this... Doc: "Well don't DO that!")

But for SO many people in a company to take leave of their senses and treat a customer that way, as if his software host was the devil incarnate, just stinks of some kind of prejudice whose roots I can't even begin to imagine.

Shooshie
phillyuser

Post by phillyuser »

For the record, I am using Digital Performer 8.07 with OS 10.8.5, and I am experiencing no problem getting Waves Codex to open up as an instrument track within the DAW.

Also, my encounters with the Waves technical support representatives have been nothing short of accessible, helpful, friendly and charming!

I firmly believe - and I have shared my opinion with MOTU - that MOTU needs to mount a MUCH more aggressive and wide-reaching public relations/marketing strategy in order to counter the pervasive impression that DP is not one of the premier DAWs. This needs to be done for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is insuring that it will stick around and be supported by MOTU for years and years to come.
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

I had the same type of experience, but with Eastwest/Quantum Leap regarding Ministry of Rock 1. After paying $495 for the VI/library (this was in 2006, when it first came out), I noticed a serious glitch with one of their instruments -- the Les Paul Deluxe Power Chords -- where two of the notes inexplicably sounded off (it in fact sounded like someone had stuck the old 8-bit ESQ-1 sampler "guitar chord" sound in there as a placeholder or by accident). And this wasn't the product of overly-critical listening or anything; the two notes in question were really jarring and obvious to anybody who heard them. So I contacted them via their forum, they claimed they understood and were aware of the problem and sent out a patch file. It didn't change anything. At this point, I was told to send sound and MIDI files to them so they could hear the problem I was describing. I sent them. They then backpedaled and said what I was probably hearing was some kind of "phasing" (user side error, despite the fact that what I had sent them was raw, unprocessed and unmixed sound straight out of their VI) and that their patch had fixed the problem, as far as they were concerned. They ended the conversation and moved on.

These days, I no longer use Ministry of Rock 1, despite it occupying 20 GBs of my hard drive. The problems I experienced could be worked around using some creative keyswitching, but for a $495 (these days, still between $295-$395, depending on where you look) investment, it should work as advertised, and any serious claims by a customer should at least be taken under consideration. I assume no one else, or at least not enough other people, has spoken up about the problem -- there was exactly one other guy on the forum who heard the same problem I did -- and that it didn't warrant whatever it would have actually taken to fix the problem. Plus, they were already knee-deep in developing Ministry of Rock 2. In 2006, there wasn't a lot of options for someone looking for realistic-sounding electric guitars and basses, while today, that entire library sounds very dated and limited compared to Electri6ity, RealGuitar, Amplesound, etc. They've moved on and so have their users. Very disturbing stuff from a company that otherwise does so well with their software.

As for Waves, it sounds like they're mainly worried about appeasing their ProTools and Logic customers -- maybe their reps have been coached to respond that way. I assume they figure you'll never not buy Waves' stuff, so they can get away with lousy customer service for what they perceive are users of "second-rate" DAWs.
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

phillyuser wrote:For the record, I am using Digital Performer 8.07 with OS 10.8.5, and I am experiencing no problem getting Waves Codex to open up as an instrument track within the DAW.
You're not the first person to tell me this. Kinda wish Waves would just step through whatever it takes to "qualify" it for use in DP if it's that close. I wonder what the relevant difference between your and MLC's system is?

phillyuser wrote:Also, my encounters with the Waves technical support representatives have been nothing short of accessible, helpful, friendly and charming!

I firmly believe - and I have shared my opinion with MOTU - that MOTU needs to mount a MUCH more aggressive and wide-reaching public relations/marketing strategy in order to counter the pervasive impression that DP is not one of the premier DAWs. This needs to be done for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is insuring that it will stick around and be supported by MOTU for years and years to come.
+1 to that.
Releaux

Post by Releaux »

TL;DR - Codex is working for me on 10.10 / DP8.07, but the first instance created doesn't work. If I delete that instrument track and recreate it, all works as expected. Not 100%, but I'm not having any other issues with my system.

-----

I bought Codex yesterday (didn't notice DP wasn't supported and hadn't seen this thread). Installation was smooth, it passed the AU scan, and fired up with no trouble when I created a new instrument track, but there was no sound.

Found this thread, spent 30 minutes reading and getting angry, and then noticed that most people were saying that it wouldn't even launch, whereas mine was showing, just not playing.

Double checked my bundles (they were fine), verified that other soft synths and plugs were working, etc. Then I quit and relaunched DP, fired Codex up again, and it worked flawlessly. The only visual difference was that when relaunched, the step sequencer was moving, where it hadn't been on the first launch.

I'm on a 2010 Mac Pro, 6GB ram, running 10.10 and DP8 (latest version), in case that helps anyone.

(Shooshie, I share your trust issues with Waves. I love their stuff, but have had a love/hate relationship dating back to when their DRM was so onerous that I had to use... non-traditional methods... just to be able to use the software I had spent nearly $2k on. When I upgraded to DP8 and a new machine, I actually held out for almost 18 months before popping for WUP again because I needed to open up some old projects - finding out that they had changed DRM methods again made me all sorts of nervous, but it seemed to go ok. They're sure not a company that gives me warm fuzzies, though.)

UPDATE: I played with Codex more this evening. When I create the first instrument track, the sequencer for the default patch isn't moving and no sound is generated. If I then delete that track and create another one, it works fine.
--
DP 11.3. |. MOTU 24Ai x2, Behringer ADA8200 x3, MOTU MTP-AV USB x2, MOTU MTP-AV x2.
Too much software, too much hardware, not enough time.
Mac Studio M1 Ultra (20/48 Core, 64GB Ram, MacOS 13.6.4 Ventura)
Mac Pro 5,1 (3.46GHz 12-core, 64GB Ram, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)
waynepeet

Post by waynepeet »

DP 8.07 / OS 10.8.5
Yes same here, 1st instance of Codex comes up silent, but if removed, the 2nd instance seems to work fine.

Incidently, on the Waves website the Codex page does not list DP as a supported host, however under the Mercury bundle [which includes Codex] DP 8 - 8.07 is in the list...
Wayne Peet / Killzone Music / Los Angeles
MacPro 5,1 2010 upgraded motherboard 12 core 3.46 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760, MOTU 424 PCIe, UAD PCI, SSD drives, OS 10.12.x & 10.14.x
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

from the original post:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Don't bother. Tech support at Waves says DP is NOT supported.
Don't even get me started. I gave up on that company long ago. As far as I can tell DP has not been supported (unofficially perhaps) for a very long time.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Waves' current auth approach is solid. Very simple. I love their plugs, and everything I own (which is a lot of Waves plugs) works great with DP8 64 bit. Just saying'.