[Not so] IMPORTANT: Read this if you use DP 8.07!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: IMPORTANT: Read this if you use DP 8.07! [Pending Tests,

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:It may be something like a "first time" anomaly.
It seemed like a first time anomaly for me. I posted a tech link about it. Magic Dave answered and said there was no problem. And I never saw it again. Magic. Obi-Wan.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

bayswater wrote:
It seemed like a first time anomaly for me. I posted a tech link about it. Magic Dave answered and said there was no problem. And I never saw it again. Magic. Obi-Wan.
Magic Dave: "You do not see a problem there. That's not the problem you thought it was..."
Me: "That's not the problem I thought it was..."

:lol:

Well, in any case, it really was not a problem. But... SOMETHING was, just for once or twice.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Shooshie wrote:[Magic Dave: "You do not see a problem there. That's not the problem you thought it was..."
Me: "That's not the problem I thought it was..."
Yes, something like that. I remember lots of sand ...
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Phil O

Re: [Not so] IMPORTANT: Read this if you use DP 8.07!

Post by Phil O »

Everything working as expected here. Can't reproduce the problem.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
cleamon

Post by cleamon »

bayswater wrote:
I've seen something like this in DP 8.06
I have an ALL MIDI project (built from "empty" template), within the project's folder there is an Audio Files folder. Why? I have no idea. BUT, there's an Audio Files folder in the parent folder with the EXACT SAME timestamp.
Looking at the auto saves, this timestamp occurs somewhere between two of them (perhaps I manually saved).

My questions are:
1) why would there ever be an Audio Files folder in a MIDI only project
2) more troubling, why would that same folder be present in the project's parent folder.

I have other MIDI ONLY projects without Audio Files folders.

Chuck
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram