Can I set the post Auto-Save Save As... default folder?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can I set the post Auto-Save Save As... default folder?

Post by dix »

Is there a way to set where DP puts post auto-save Save As documents by default? After opening an auto-saved document, DP makes you Save As, but the default location is the Documents folder of my boot drive. If I'm not paying close attention I'll accidentally save the file to the Documents folder - creating new Audio, Auto-Save and Analysis folders. If I don't notice it and work like that for a while it can be a huge pain to reintegrate with the project.

Thx.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
FMiguelez

Re: Can I set the post Auto-Save Save As... default folder?

Post by FMiguelez »

The same thing happened to me recently, and it was quite an unwelcome surprise.

I don't think there's a preference to set that up, but hopefully I'm wrong about that!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I also wish we could choose a default place for the Bounced folder... I don't like it where it is. I can delete it and use my own location, but why should I?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dix

Post by dix »

One thing I do to simplify the operation is to put an alias of the current project(s) in the Documents folder, but I still need to remember to click on it after a mandatory Auto-Save invoked Save As.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com