Not sure where to ask

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Not sure where to ask

Post by bleach30 »

So what I would like to do is create some loops/sample content and be able to embed the loop data into the WAV file so that, in theory, it would loop in any sampler. It would also have to be able to do crossfades and alternate playback looping etc..Im more interested in textures as opposed to beats.
Is there such a thing?

Thanks
bayswater

Re: Not sure where to ask

Post by bayswater »

You can set loops in the Waveform editor. I don't think there are many options on loop type.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I'm not too clear on what you want to accomplish. It looks to me as some form of batch automation where you want to apply the same processes to any sample. How close am I?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I was messing around with that but it doesn't quite do what Im looking for.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

bleach30 wrote:Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I was messing around with that but it doesn't quite do what Im looking for.
Yes, it's not really set up to support samplers. I use DSP-Quattro or MachFive to set loops, depending on where they'll be used.
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

I am recording sounds that I am making instruments out of for use in Mach5. Some of them are just one shots and some are/will be looped ambient textures. I can do all of the sample editing/loop making inside Mach5 but I also have Kontakt which I use for different things.
I was just wondering how could I translate the loop data to other samplers.

I think you can embed that info into a WAV file so the sampler knows where to loop. I just don't know how or what to use and I can't seem to find anything on the net.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

bleach30 wrote:I am recording sounds that I am making instruments out of for use in Mach5. Some of them are just one shots and some are/will be looped ambient textures. I can do all of the sample editing/loop making inside Mach5 but I also have Kontakt which I use for different things.
I was just wondering how could I translate the loop data to other samplers.

I think you can embed that info into a WAV file so the sampler knows where to loop. I just don't know how or what to use and I can't seem to find anything on the net.
What happens if you create a loop in MachFive and export the sample? Doesn't it create a standard loop and export it with the sample?
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

Sometimes it just takes talking about a thing...

Found this. Its what I was looking for.

Skylife SampleRobot.
bleach30

Post by bleach30 »

I hadn't thought about that. Maybe. I will give that a try this evening