Minihost Modular solution to split keyboards etc.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Minihost Modular solution to split keyboards etc.

Post by Michael Canavan »

So Imageline the makers of Fruity Loops have a beta of their new free modular plug in, like a stripped down version of Kore or Plogue Bidule. It's a public beta. I plan on joining for a couple reasons. A brief summary is that it's a VST/AU host for FX and instruments, it allows looped style automation, split keyboards on a track (note ranges), looped mini step note sequences etc.

I just want the ability sometimes to split a keyboard between two or more soft synths, DP8 currently doesn't do note ranges on MIDI tracks, but with this you can load multiple instruments into a single "instrument" as a rack, then split the controller keyboard between instruments. Plus I'm thinking Kore is about to die with the next upgrade to OSX so this is a good replacement.

Barring mute notes in DP this solves my last major gripe with DP, which is pretty cool. :headbang:

Here's the beta, you have to sign up to the forum, which hosts the beta sub forum of course.
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&t=123031
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Re: Minihost Modular solution to split keyboards etc.

M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Michael Canavan

Re: Minihost Modular solution to split keyboards etc.

... and just to let you all know, so far the note range part isn't working, and Image Line only allow users that have bought one of their products to post in their forums; which is a mistake of epic proportions when they host a public beta including OSX users who typically don't own many of their products...