Ircam Lab TS on Sale for $99

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
RodneySauer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Ircam Lab TS on Sale for $99

Post by RodneySauer »

Actually, I should probably ask about my bottlenecks, in case anyone else has a tip for ME:

When I need to scale time on a passage, I need to:

1. Set up an automation mix among all of the tracks involved, since I can't change the mix later without starting from here again.

2. Go to the Mixing board and turn off all reverbs and compressors/limiters by opening their windows and saying "Bypass" on each one. (I want these stretched files "dry" so that everything gets the same reverb/compression at the final bounce.)

3. Bounce to disc as a stereo file

4. Start MachFive, drag the stereo file into one of the Empty slots

5. Do some math: total seconds original / total seconds final = change ratio.

5. Select IRCAM Stretch, double-click Speed dial and enter the calculated ratio.

6. Select "export with stretch/pitch applied."

Are there any shortcuts to this you can think of? For instance, is there a way to temporarily "bypass" all of the filters on a particular channel without having to go through all of the windows?
Rodney Sauer
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com