any benefit looping a MIDI section?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: any benefit looping a MIDI section?

Post by Dan Worley »

Shooshie wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:And then there's this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-FrnaU0rs
Damn! Oscar Peterson is one of the greats that I don't even put in the category of greats when people ask me to name some great pianists. I mean, if someone asks you to name some nearby stars in the universe, you'd be a smart-ass to say "well, there's the Sun." Oscar is sun-like.
LOL! You nailed it! Perfect!
DP10.13
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Shooshie wrote: Damn! Oscar Peterson is one of the greats that I don't even put in the category of greats when people ask me to name some great pianists. I mean, if someone asks you to name some nearby stars in the universe, you'd be a smart-ass to say "well, there's the Sun." Oscar is sun-like.

And that was a superb demonstration of why he is sunlike. His gravitational pull on every style of piano playing is enough to keep them all in orbit around him.

Shoosh
He's beyond incredible. I would love to have even 1/10th of his skill and talent. Those 2 handed parallel runs at brisk tempos still amaze me.

On a side note, I saw a PBS feature years ago that had OP and another famous jazz pianist whose name escapes me right now playing size by side. The other pianist was very gifted, too, but it wasn't even close to who really, really "had it". (And it was not a "dueling piano" kinda show.) Oscar sounded totally effortless and in an amazing zone.

Definitely in my top 1 list!

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

No, not the Count!
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)