DP8 Markers and Logic

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 Markers and Logic

Post by wonder »

I know this has been touched on a few years ago but here's my issue

I'm MD for a musical and I'm setting DP to run playback (tempo, clicks, rehearsal markers, etc) and have a chunk ready to go. About 25 markers, tempo changes, meter changes etc.

I'm attempting to export a MIDI file to toss into Logic for the bassist so he can rehearse but when I go into Logic, the Markers don't show up. If I drag the .mid file into a track, the markers will show up in the MIDI track as a "#" metadata.

I have found out how to import into Logic and the tempo changes and meter changes happen, but the markers are no where to be found.
I've tried exporting to OMF and while the audio is there, the tempo and meter changes aren't.

I can't seem to get the two to play nice together. Anyone with a knowledge of Logic know how this is accomplished?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
jlaudon

Re: DP8 Markers and Logic

Post by jlaudon »

I've found that I have to have at least one MIDI track with a bit of data in it (even one note), then the MIDI file export also includes the markers.
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
wvandyck

Re: DP8 Markers and Logic

Post by wvandyck »

In Logic, use File>Open rather than File>Import.
File>Open preserves tempo and markers.
Just make sure that the Marker Track is visible. (G)

If you're exporting MIDI and audio, a recommendation is to Open the MIDI file in Logic first, them open the OMF or AAF file.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.