NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by mhschmieder »

Thanks, that did the trick.

At the GUI level, I only do Java programming when it comes to Mac OS X, so I thought that problem and workaround were strictly in the Java domain and didn't apply to other types of apps and installers. I always thought it was relegated to JAR-signing, but I guess even non-Java stuff has to be signed now.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

It won't register.

I used the form: "RE-xxxxxx" as per the email instructions.

I have tried every possible combination I can think of, of leaving out the space, adding the ".com", using "High Profile Audio" instead of "Plugin Discounts", putting a comma after "Providence" and before Rhode Island, abbreviating to "RI" with only a space after "Providence", etc. Not to mention I had to dig into the website to find out they're in Providence!

There must be a VERY specific syntax, which they don't document. I say this because the error message shifted depending on what I typed in those fields, such as "internet" or "world wide web" for location, or even blank.

The main error reads as follows: "A system error occurred while registering your product. Please contact Eventide support."
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I guess my old account was stale and didn't meet current security etc. Too bad for the red herring error messages.

I have a new account at Eventide now, and that allowed me to register the plug-in.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mhschmieder wrote:It won't register.

I used the form: "RE-xxxxxx" as per the email instructions.

I have tried every possible combination I can think of, of leaving out the space, adding the ".com", using "High Profile Audio" instead of "Plugin Discounts", putting a comma after "Providence" and before Rhode Island, abbreviating to "RI" with only a space after "Providence", etc. Not to mention I had to dig into the website to find out they're in Providence!

There must be a VERY specific syntax, which they don't document. I say this because the error message shifted depending on what I typed in those fields, such as "internet" or "world wide web" for location, or even blank.

The main error reads as follows: "A system error occurred while registering your product. Please contact Eventide support."
I also had problems with the address syntax. It worked when I entered everything except province/state. At that point, I reselected country, and then the rest of it worked. Everything else worked exactly as per the instructions, as long as I left out the two upper case characters and the":" before the serial number and activation code.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

mhschmieder wrote:I guess my old account was stale and didn't meet current security etc. Too bad for the red herring error messages.

I have a new account at Eventide now, and that allowed me to register the plug-in.
I had a similar experience. Creating an account made the registration process painless.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

mikehalloran wrote:Normally, you should see it in your plugins menu. When you try to load, it should ask for iLok again.

If that doesn't work, try removing it, rebooting, reinstall and see if it loads again. Check the Audio folder and look in Plugins, VST and then look in the Application Support folder.

I've not downloaded yet as I am waiting till October before I purchase.
I did that and it still does not show up, there must be a file that controls registration some place I need to dump.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Tom, just to be clear, this problem you're having is still with the demo vs. appearing after you purchased, correct? I ask because sometimes products don't behave so well if a demo or demo license is still hanging around.

It sounds like you truncated an authorization due to forgetting a password, and then it didn't know to try again the next time. I have had this happen before, but I forget which plug-in; maybe one of Lexicon's.

Can you look at the AU cache, in the file or in DP, and maybe do some toggle-twice trick like I did to clear up some recent issues, running again after each toggle, to see if that flushes out some incomplete/bad history?

I see no preference files starting with "com.eventide" in either the main library folder or the user folder, so I don't think this is likely to be a file cache issue in an Eventide-specific file. More likely there's something in the iLok cache (not sure if that's local or on the server).

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mhschmieder wrote:Tom, just to be clear, this problem you're having is still with the demo vs. appearing after you purchased, correct? I ask because sometimes products don't behave so well if a demo or demo license is still hanging around.
I got the demo after purchasing because I didn't get a licence for the purchase for a few hours, and had some time to play around with it. As it turns out, by time I'd downloaded the demo, the license arrived, so I put it on my iLok, installed the demo download, and the permanent licence activated it properly. So I don't think a demo/purchase conflict would have caused the problem. It appears that only the iLok license was different, and that the two transactions were independent.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Sure is a great sounding reverb plugin..
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

mhschmieder You got it right, I am going to just buy it and hope I do not have an issue. I am also thinking I may try to force DP to ;ook at all the plug ins, if I can remember how.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

I downloaded the UltraReverb-2.0.4-osx-installer.dmg on my office PC

create an ilok account on my music Mac
downloaded and installed ilokmanager on my Mac
licence appears ok in my ilok account

copy the Ultraverb manager from my PC to my Mac
it won't open, saying
*UltraReverb-2.0.4-osx no mountable file system*

I'm not able to download installer again
file corrupted during copy?
different computers problem?
any idea?
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I bought it and reinstalled it, authorized it at iLok, still no plug-in. F! :smash:
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

twistedtom wrote:I bought it and reinstalled it, authorized it at iLok, still no plug-in. F! :smash:
Did you install AU or VST? If AU...

Quit DP, trash the Audio Unit Info Cache, then relaunch DP and all your AU components will be scanned again and that file will be recreated.

user > Library > Preferences > com.motu.MotuAudioSystem > Audio Unit Info Cache 64-bit
DP10.13
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I could not find it following that path or any other path. I will find a way dam I will.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Well, I certainly would not call the install, authorization, etc. intuitive, but it is installed and running.

Registering with Eventide appears required (which I did) prior to everything else. (Outside of buying from plugindiscounts.com and receiving the SN and the key code.)

And, it may have been mentioned earlier, one can authorize via iLok (included in this Eventide process) to the dongle or to the computer. I chose the physical key.

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)