NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by twistedtom »

Oh boy another verb and it looks good. I down loaded the trial and when I opened DP it wanted me to do the iLok password, I had forgot my pass word so I closed DP and went to get it. Then when opened DP it would not show up, I reinstalled it, no good; tossed it away, even the component, still no plug in. I would like to try before I buy and when I do buy I would like to be able to actually use it. What to do? :smash:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just do it, Tom. Well worth it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Normally, you should see it in your plugins menu. When you try to load, it should ask for iLok again.

If that doesn't work, try removing it, rebooting, reinstall and see if it loads again. Check the Audio folder and look in Plugins, VST and then look in the Application Support folder.

I've not downloaded yet as I am waiting till October before I purchase.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

twistedtom wrote:Oh boy another verb and it looks good. I down loaded the trial and when I opened DP it wanted me to do the iLok password, I had forgot my pass word so I closed DP and went to get it. Then when opened DP it would not show up, I reinstalled it, no good; tossed it away, even the component, still no plug in. I would like to try before I buy and when I do buy I would like to be able to actually use it. What to do? :smash:
When I downloaded the demo from Eventide, I had to fill in my iLok.com username for them to deposit a trial license to my account. Before launch DP, I ran iLok Authorization Manager and downloaded the license to my iLok and I had no problems. I also checked and I received a 30 day demo good till 10/15. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

James Steele wrote:
twistedtom wrote:Oh boy another verb and it looks good. I down loaded the trial and when I opened DP it wanted me to do the iLok password, I had forgot my pass word so I closed DP and went to get it. Then when opened DP it would not show up, I reinstalled it, no good; tossed it away, even the component, still no plug in. I would like to try before I buy and when I do buy I would like to be able to actually use it. What to do? :smash:
When I downloaded the demo from Eventide, I had to fill in my iLok.com username for them to deposit a trial license to my account. Before launch DP, I ran iLok Authorization Manager and downloaded the license to my iLok and I had no problems. I also checked and I received a 30 day demo good till 10/15. :)
Same here. No problems when done as described.
DP10.13
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

you can also call eventides tech support, they're very helpful
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

I got it. I didn't need it. But I got it anyway because it's Eventide. I didn't try it out first. I mean, what for?

I've used that free Ultrachannel of theirs on every mix since I got it. I would have paid $64 for that alone!

There was a problem though, at the Eventide website, registering my serial number. So I have to wait to hear from them.. but I don't have time to play with it anyway right now, so no big :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

had the same problem killa, something about not typing or copying the letters before or after the numbers, when it finally worked, their website crashed, but it took.
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You have to parse the code they send. There's a SN and an activation code in there, and you have to remove the "SN:", etc before using it.

Someone said "this is how reverbs are supposed to sound". That's a great description. The delay section is perfect too.

I'm looking forward to see what Eventide comes up with next.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:You have to parse the code they send. There's a SN and an activation code in there, and you have to remove the "SN:", etc before using it.

Someone said "this is how reverbs are supposed to sound". That's a great description. The delay section is perfect too.

I'm looking forward to see what Eventide comes up with next.
Yep. I really like the sound of this reverb! :dance:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

FYI the PluginDiscounts shopping cart doesn't work in Safari -- at least after the latest update to Mavericks 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1. I had to switch to Firefox to make the purchase as the page stayed stuck on "must select an address" no matter how many times I started over.

I am buying this plug-in primarily for special effects and speed of mock-ups. For instance, it's great for reggae production if that isn't something you do so frequently that you have all the steps memorized for how to achieve all those effects on short order and with multiple plugs.

It sounded artificial to me on "natural" sources, but quite useful for post-production for film.

I might use it occasionally for "regular" stuff; we'll see. Nothing about it sounds bad; just a bit over-the-top in the demos. I suspect they wanted to make sure people knew what it was capable of.

I didn't have time to try it out on project work so bought it on faith. It's cheap enough to not have regrets. If it serves no purpose other than reggae production, I'll be happy.

BTW it turns out that PluginDiscounts is the same as High Profile Audio (Tony Belmont's site). It seems that many vendors have multiple sites now; perhaps to offer tax-free status to all 50 states.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I had to switch to Firefox to make the purchase as the page stayed stuck on "must select an address" no matter how many times I started over.
Thanks for the heads up.

Printing PayPal shipping labels and the California DMV are other sites that seem to work well only in FireFox. That's why I keep it. Otherwise, Chrome and Safari are much better for what I do.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mhschmieder wrote:FYI the PluginDiscounts shopping cart doesn't work in Safari -- at least after the latest update to Mavericks 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1. I had to switch to Firefox to make the purchase as the page stayed stuck on "must select an address" no matter how many times I started over.
I had a similar problem with 10.9.4.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

It won't install on Mavericks 10.9.5.

Unfortunately, you can't cut and paste from the error dialog, so I have to type it in from scratch and thus will paraphrase:

"installer can't be opened because identify of developer can't be confirmed".

BTW this is probably a 10.9.5 problem, as my own application got hit by the 10.9.5 update and we're scurrying to address it.

I wish I had time to post about 10.9.5 today, but I don't. The future looks bleak. Everything is about security now, and we are going to increasingly find that stuff breaks every few months unless the vendor is still around (and has resources) to address the constantly rising bar for app-signing.

Ah, here's another pertinent hint, as the disk image says it's from "s3.amazonaws.com".

I think that means that Eventide is using Amazon Web Services for their store and delivery, and I'm willing to bet they don't pass the new security requirements.

I re-downloaded directly from the Eventide website, but it was no different in behavior than using the link that I received via email from the reseller.
Last edited by mhschmieder on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mhschmieder wrote:It won't install on Mavericks 10.9.5.

Unfortunately, you can't cut and paste from the error dialog, so I have to type it in from scratch and thus will paraphrase:

"installer can't be opened because identify of developer can't be confirmed".

BTW this is probably a 10.9.5 problem, as my own application got hit by the 10.9.5 update and we're scurrying to address it.
Isn't that the standard message for unsigned apps?
You can't right click on the installer and select open, then confirm it should be opened?