NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by billf »

I should know better than to click on these threads.

I….Must….Resist….

Who am I kidding, I'm off to go buy a new Eventide Reverb plugin. :lol:
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

billf wrote:I should know better than to click on these threads.

I….Must….Resist….

Who am I kidding, I'm off to go buy a new Eventide Reverb plugin. :lol:
I recommend you go ahead and try the demo! I was pretty blown away, but I could be wrong. It's all subjective as you know.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

While you are on the Eventide website, go and grab a copy of their free plugin 'Angry'

Angry is a plug-in that analyzes the emotional content of music by measuring, in real time, the tempo, spectral components, dynamics and musical key to create a multi-dimensional signature of your song.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.p ... /Angry.htm
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

BKK-OZ wrote:Angry is a plug-in that analyzes the emotional content of music by measuring, in real time, the tempo, spectral components, dynamics and musical key to create a multi-dimensional signature of your song.
If it really does that, it's the greatest processor for music ever made.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

From Eventide's site:

Is this a joke?
Yes and no. Well it is April Fools' Day! While, on the one hand, Angry is an arguably misguided attempt at humor, it is in fact a real, working plug-in that attempts to measure the degree of 'anger' in a musical passage. The algorithm underlying the analysis is certainly no joke. The analysis is complicated and the algorithm has undergone extensive training.

Make of it what you will.
I haven't downloaded it.
(Yet.)
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
billf

Post by billf »

James Steele wrote:I recommend you go ahead and try the demo! I was pretty blown away, but I could be wrong. It's all subjective as you know.
I did try the demo. My wallet is now $79 lighter as a result. :D
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

No need to pay $79:
kgdrum wrote:$64 at PluginDiscounts :wink:
You must log in for the price.
http://plugindiscounts.com/home/6710-ev ... ative.html
Their price is actually $63.+
I tried the demo too, it is definitely worth it at that price.

I don't like the way it does preset browsing, and it is a tad heavy on the processor, but esp. as an FX 'verb, it is pretty cool.

Please tell Doris I am going to be behind in paying my monthly Motunation dues until my bank balance recovers.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

bought, installed
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $63.59

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Waiting for delivery... Thanks KG for the price break info! That's lunch money now... hmmm... where should we go?

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

where should we go?
Perhaps you can get Eventide to pick up the tab?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $63.59

mikehalloran wrote:
where should we go?
Perhaps you can get Eventide to pick up the tab?
I'll be happy when I need to design the acoustical profile of the deli for a project. I really like the promo video: it sold me in an instant.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I really like the promo video: it sold me in an instant.
As many reverbs as I have–and a few like Ozone 5A are really nice–that's the first time I have heard a demo and thought, "Yea, that's exactly what reverb is supposed to sound like."

So it's going to cost me $63, too. Yep, gotta have it.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

re: discounted pricing tip ,it's my pleasure ;-)
MLC I would have thought 2nd Ave. Deli or B&H Dairy but Katz's? I guess you like the ambiance that comes with the sandwich..... :lol:
The thing that has me hesitating on this are the reports of how demanding this reverb seems to be,when users like BKK mention it(he has a nMP) it puts me off a bit......many users on GS keep mentioning the heavy demands of this reverb and stability with a few DAWs,are users here finding it hard to manage resource wise?
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

Still reading the manual... authorized the trial version but don't see any way to enter the serial # eventide sent me. I suppose when the trial period ends that'll shake itself out. Just playing around a little starts my sound design wild hairs Image
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BobK

Post by BobK »

Yeah, thanks KG for the heads-up. Despite having Altiverb, which I still love, I'm another one of those who likes reverb plugins, and I couldn't resist.

My quick little test was to put it on an acoustic jazz MIDI demo (Trilian, Galaxy Vintage D, and Superior Drummer 2) on the same aux track as Altiverb. I muted Altiverb, chose the Eventide's 'Hall 1' preset, and hit play.

Sounds very nice right out of the box - no tweaking. I like!
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4