NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rnappi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by rnappi »

ghobish wrote:I'm a big fan of PSP, both the products and the company.
+1

rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

mikehalloran wrote:Still on an ILok 1 here.

Yes, I'm in a production of Utopia Ltd. by Gilbert & Sullivan. We opened last night.

"I'm Captain Corcorad K.C.B.
I'll teach you how we rule the sea
And terrify the simple Gaul.
And how the Saxon and the Celt
Their Europe shaking blows have dealt
With Maxim gun and Nordenfelt--
Or will when the occasion calls.

If sailor like you'd play your cards.
Unbend your sails and lower your yards
Unstep your masts, you never want them more.
Though we're no longer hearts of oak,
Yet we can steer and we can stoke
And thanks to coal and thanks to coke
We never run a ship ashore"

"What never?"

"No, never!"

"What never?"

"Hardly ever!"
"Hardly ever!" :rofl:
Sounds like a Monty Python line.

I love G&S, by the way, having heard three that I can remember: Pirates, Pinafore, and Mikado. I've also heard parts (if not all) of Ruddigore and Iolanthe. Like most people, I've written my own patter lyrics to "Modern Major General." And one of the things that struck me as hilarious when I was in about the 6th grade was seeing people dressed like British cops repeating their verse 3 times in a row. The 3rd repeat in G&S is just comical. In Verdi it would be intolerable.

Have great fun with your role, and break a leg!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

That is a funny line. I never really went for G & S much but have never seen one live. I'm sure, as with opera, the theatrical experience does much to define the the experience and live is the only way for me to enjoy opera fully.

But in any case, there is no denying that Arthur Sullivan was one hell of a composer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Sullivan

And he had great taste in facial hair.
]
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

in the 6th grade my school as a semester long project did Mikado, I played Poo Bah,the little bit I remember it was pretty funny,I can't imagine how bad we must have been. :wink:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
dado

Post by dado »

Bought from PluginDiscount but I don't find where to download, can someone help me pls?
iMac 27" 3 ghz 32 Giga ram / DP 11 / Motu UltraLite mK4/ TLAudio Ivory 5051 / Addictive Drum2 / PRS Custom22 Guitar / Boss Katana100 / Line 6 Variax700 / Strat by Tino Tedesco
cbergm7210

Post by cbergm7210 »

dado wrote:Bought from PluginDiscount but I don't find where to download, can someone help me pls?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.pl ... taller.dmg
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
dado

Post by dado »

Sorry, I meant that I don't have any serial after bought. On the website they say it will sent to my paypal email, but until now no serial become
iMac 27" 3 ghz 32 Giga ram / DP 11 / Motu UltraLite mK4/ TLAudio Ivory 5051 / Addictive Drum2 / PRS Custom22 Guitar / Boss Katana100 / Line 6 Variax700 / Strat by Tino Tedesco
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Look in your Junk Mailbox
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I'm sure, as with opera, the theatrical experience does much to define the the experience and live is the only way for me to enjoy opera fully.
Oh yes. A well directed production is a very nice night at the theater. Even Stravinski was a fan, his favorite being Iolanthe–he thought he was going to see the Tchaikowski ballet and became hooked.

I have sung most of the bass-baritone roles, some more than once over the last 40 years. Most are short and a few (Mikado, Sgt of Police, Roderick, Pvt. Willis, Arac, Capt. Corcoran in Utopia...) only appear in the second act or are in very few scenes. Since my stroke, my stamina is quite low and I have lost the legato as some of my diaphragm muscles are still paralyzed–I'll never sing Mozart, Donizetti, Verdi, Handel or Wagner professionally again. Plus there is the issue of my being able to stand that long.

G&S is quite forgiving in that most of the roles I would do can accommodate my limited movement and need to breathe more often. It took two years before I could sing at all and two more before the power came back. I am going to attempt one of the larger roles that I have done before (Mounterrarat in Iolanthe) to see if I can handle it next Spring ... that is if I pass the audition.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dado

Post by dado »

Just installed but I don't see in DP8 :rtfmmad: :rtfmmad:
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

mikehalloran wrote:
I have sung most of the bass-baritone roles, some more than once over the last 40 years. Most are short and a few (Mikado, Sgt of Police, Roderick, Pvt. Willis, Arac, Capt. Corcoran in Utopia...) only appear in the second act or are in very few scenes. Since my stroke, my stamina is quite low and I have lost the legato as some of my diaphragm muscles are still paralyzed–I'll never sing Mozart, Donizetti, Verdi, Handel or Wagner professionally again. Plus there is the issue of my being able to stand that long.

G&S is quite forgiving in that most of the roles I would do can accommodate my limited movement and need to breathe more often. It took two years before I could sing at all and two more before the power came back. I am going to attempt one of the larger roles that I have done before (Mounterrarat in Iolanthe) to see if I can handle it next Spring ... that is if I pass the audition.
Mike, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you'r attitude towards life is truly inspiring. You had a stroke that caused some damage to your body, and instead of giving up and feeling sorry for yourself (like most people would), there you are living life as if nothing had happened, to its full extent. It doesn't matter if you must play the bass with an iPad or sing shorter roles... You're still there rocking and rolling!
I really respect you and I think you're awesome. Great attitude and totally inspiring 8)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dado

Post by dado »

twistedtom wrote:Ok it hit me as to what to try and I also read some more in the manual; I opened DP and went to DP’s preferences and then went to plug-ins in preferences. I found Ultarverb listed in the AU section and saw it said it had failed. I clicked on it and forced it to re examine the plug-in; this worked. Thanks for your help in this. :dance:
Thaaaaaaanks man! Now it work :dance:
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Three days remaining on this offer.
DP10.13
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

All abooooard!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Geez... as crazy as this sounds, given my excitement over it, I might miss the boat. Bad timing with surprise bills this month. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!